Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

doing it all over again

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 10:04 PM
  • 3 Replies

wow!   I feel like an old woman!!!!!!!!
I have read some of the posts and i feel for all of you. I was 23 when i found myself single with a new little girl. I had to look at it for what is was" God's gift to me". I am not saying that it was not rough but to see that beautiful little girl grow up was soooo worth it. You will be fine girls!!  You are all strong and will make very loving mothers.
           Once again i find myself single with a "not so little" girl. She is 16 years old as of this friday. I escaped a  20 year abusive( alcoholic) relationship. I have three beautiful children. The 16 year old is the last one. I have no idea how to get back in to the dating scene. You girls are young and beautiful which helps alot. Me i am old and plus sized. This keeps me from finding someone. I think all i wanted to say is " dont give up hope because everything happens for a reason". You are where you are meant to be for this time in your life. Someone awesome will come your way. And when he does, cherish him!!

by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
punky3175
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 11:18 PM
Thank you for the encouragement for all of us.  I'm 31 and have been divorced for 3 years and separated for 4.  I just want to say that you should take your own advice - don't get discouraged.  Congratulations on getting out of an abusive relationship - that in itself took great courage and strength.  There are tons of dating sites out there now - just put your profile out there and exude the confidence and strength you have shown by doing what's best for you and your daughter by getting out of an abusive relationship.  And take your own advice - you are where you are meant to be - it's a great philosophy to have.  I live my life by it and it's kept me from getting too discouraged.
SEXYMOMMA62
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 11:22 PM
YOU COULD JOIN THE DOMESTIC GROUP& PLUS SIZE MOMS BUT YOU TOO WILL FIND SOMEONE WHO YIOU LOVE YOU FOR YOU AND NOT ABUSE YOU.
misspiper
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 11:38 PM
I am still struggling with my own drama and your words are encouraging, but you need to take your own advice.

My mother was divorced at 30, remarried at 35 and then widowed at 46. So at the age of 47 - 2 kids in college and all alone she found a new life for herself. She is and has been dating a guy for 12 years this fall. She says it is her best relationship ever. They do not live together, but see each 3-4 times a week. She has come to love her alone time and cherishes the excitement of her boyfriend. I tease her for having a "boyfriend" at 59. This man makes her so happy, my 19 month old twins call him Grandpa and he is a huge part of all our lives. I guess the lesson is you never know where life will take you, but to have the highest highs you must reach some lows. Sounds like you are just starting up a hill.

P.S. I know so many people that meet mates on-line. So check it out - come on what is the harm?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN