Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How do I get him to understand

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 4:42 AM
  • 4 Replies

I do not want him back, He acts like he knows this.  The problem I am having, He calls or texts everyday to see how I am If I don't respond he gets very angry.  If I call him he acts like he never has time to see how me or Mallory is doing.  He rarely comes by to see her and the last time he took her somewhere was to someones house, she was bored, they had just had a new baby and he thinks she would enjoy this.  She is still asking if Daddy can come home, and he always takes his girlfriend when he has mallory.  How do I get him to understand that the woman does not need to be with him and her constantly?  I think he has lost his mind.  If it were the other way around I would not want my boyfriend to be with me when I saw my child.  I just dont know what to think about any of this...

by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 4:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jen_keiko
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 5:03 AM
Unfortunately we can't really control if they decide to bring their gf's along for the visits.  =(  Ali's dad has started having his gf meet them at either the park or store when he visits.  She once even showed up with her mom!  What's worse is that his gf is the girl that one of my ex's cheated on me with!!  (The funny part is that they don't have a clue...I can't wait to find out what happens when they do find out!)  I don't know why they feel that they need their gf's w/them 24/7, maybe they're just needy like that. 

As for the calling and texting, he needs to chill.  Sounds like control issues to me.  He needs to know that he's out of your personal life and only needs to be concerned about his DAUGHTER.  If you feel threatened I'd seek legal help, or the help of a family mediation service.  Well, I hope that things work out and just concentrate on talking to Mallory after the visits to "undo" any negative emotional damage that might've happened while she was with him.

Also, God may have blessed Man w/2 heads, but he can only think w/1 at a time.  =P
AbbyKaiyaQ
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 5:11 AM
good luck with that! lol my ex husband still calls me tryin to get back with me after we've been separated for over 3 years. lol

ksuen
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 2:37 PM
i beive you are right and I will take your advice about talking to mallory after any visits with ex and gf.  Two heads are not always better than one..
ksuen
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 2:39 PM
your children are beautiful my ex told me his life sucks I told him that was his route he wanted to take so get over it.  As for you Keep strong the exs leave for a reason then want to crawl back its not worth our trouble.  God help us all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN