Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Needing some Advice.....

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2007 at 10:30 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ok....I need some advice. My daughter will be 11 y/o in October and has been sleeping with me since my ex and I separated and divorced, about 4-5 yrs. I know pitiful huh...LOL  Well she is getting older and it is time for her to sleeping in her own room rather than with Mommy. I had no intention of this going on for this long but it just sorta became routine.
How do I get her to realize that it is time???
by on Sep. 3, 2007 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
huntersmom1973
by on Sep. 3, 2007 at 10:34 PM
She is old enough to talk too. Just tell her that it is  the time in her life where she is growing up and sleeping in her room is a part of the growing up process. Maybe take her and pick out some new bedding? Then she will know that is hers and she needs to start using it. Just a thought!
keykey578
by on Sep. 4, 2007 at 10:07 PM
I got my daughter to sleep in her own bed gradually. I told her that she had to go to sleep in her own bed, but if she got scared or wanted me in the middle of the night, it was alright to come in my room. Eventually she got used to being in her own bed, and tired of getting up in the middle of the night, so she quit getting in my bed. It may not work for everyone, but it worked for us.
Angelkisses5644
by on Sep. 4, 2007 at 10:46 PM
Along with what was said maybe have her pick out some cool sheets and a blanket that she likes.
savannah8675309
by on Sep. 5, 2007 at 2:31 AM
Well, my son isnt nearly as old...but something i did when I was breaking that habit was to put him in his own bed in the middle of the night...that way he would wake up in his own bed. To me, it seemed if I did that he would become comfortable in his own bed. Just a thought..I mean...I know she is 11 so carrying her might be a task.
soulchaser
by on Sep. 5, 2007 at 2:32 AM
Thank you very much for everyones help and advice on this. Miranda (my daughter) has had a hard time with the divorce and the fact that her father treats her like a pawn. ANYWAY.....thanks for everyones help and advice
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 10:34 AM
 my kids are the same way since the divorce , except my 11 yr. old girl. i hope when we get their, my 2 sons 8,6, own room ,that painting it and new sheets etc. will make them happier in their own beds , cause i would like to stretch out. lol. you will miss it but she may just be ready on her own soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)