Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is the right moment?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2007 at 11:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: When Is a good time to tell a guy you have a child?

Options:

When you first meet

The first date

Second Date

When it is serious

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 36

View Results

Okay was wondering ....
by on Sep. 5, 2007 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LilliannsMom
by on Sep. 5, 2007 at 11:29 PM
I am so proud of my daughter that I cant help but tell everybody about her first thing, whether it be a new guy, or just a new potential friend.  I figure if a guy gets scared off that easily by me having a kid, he's not worth putting the effort into.
Heather1206
by on Sep. 5, 2007 at 11:38 PM
Seen that is what I thought my friends and family say why scare if at first let him get to know you , and I say my son is part of me!!
pattiepo
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 12:02 AM
Say "I have five small children, just kidding, I only have one!" No, seriously, it's a great way to filter out the creeps who only want you for the wrong reasons. If he knows you have a child, and he's okay with that, it says something good about him.
JJ_RedPheonix
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 12:08 AM
i have dated a lot.. ok and sometimes i tell them i had a child and others i wouldnt... now i have 2... i make it known right off the back.... its better... if they are interested, they will look beyond.. plus i am not looking to find a daddy for them.. and i make that clear... i think thats what throws them to begin with... life is too short to put up with men who are so simple that cant understand that your world will not revolve around them.. i mean, honestly you cant offer them what a single, no child woman will offer... she has more time to offer and this will be a battle for the man who cant comprehend it and make himself busy in a constuctive way when you are not available...
so always be honest... UNLESS it is just what it is, and then no need for personal details.... but preferably first or second date the latest
Kekibird
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 12:38 AM
I figure be right up front and let him know. If he runs the opposite direction, then it's better it was right off than later down the line when it would hurt more. My son is my everything and I wouldn't put a date before him so I gotta be up front.
Katie
Re.Bound
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 4:33 AM
i would mention it without stressing on it during a casual getting-to-know-each-other conversation... if they can work with it, fine, if no - also fine. it's not a handicap or something negative to look "beyond"... just a piece of information...
kma77
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 10:21 AM
i make it known at first. i also make known that i am not looking for a daddy to my son and that usually handles the situation. it's honest and the guy then decides for himself. i also have never dated anyone for less than 9 months before they met my son.

if we couldn't laugh we would all go insane. ~Jimmy Buffet~
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)