Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

upset mother needs advice really bad

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 2:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok anyone who can help me please do. today i went  to the childsupport office and i needed to find out what was going on with the support that was owed to my children from the incom tax intersept. i was inform that my children are not intitled to any of the money that the i.r.s had did a intersept on because his wife was intitled to it first. she must send a letter to the childsupport office stating that the money may go to the children(  who would really give away free money) and she dose not want it. now the money is'nt much ($3,589.79) but it's something for a person who dosnt have much as it is (but i do have life and that i am thankful for) i have 3 children my 6yr old is the size of a 9yr old,my 10yr old size of a 14 yr and my 11 yr old is the size of a 16yr old her feet a size 10 lol now thats pretty big don't you think . anyway i was thinking to tell him forget it i don't want anything from him. no more $67.00 a week payments for my 2 girls, no more anything. now i need to know what should i do? what would you do? should i fight or just let it go?

mother in need of some help in n.j

by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jessnsamimom
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 2:52 PM

As a mom who is financially struggling and getting NO child support (ex is in jail for the next 5 years), I would LOVE $67 a week. It would make a difference for my kids.
As far as the other money goes (the tax return) go for it. The worse that can happen is that you are denied which is were you are now. But on the off chance to get it, it will be worth it.

glitter-graphics.com

Kat68
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 3:27 PM

I don't get child support either from my daughters deadbeat father.  Just keep going after child support because it will help you no matter how little you're getting. My ex is no where to be found so its hard for the child support agency to get him.  You're lucky to know where yours is and I would take advantage of that.
Tisha1115
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 10:29 PM
  How in the world is his WIFE entitled to his money over hei kids?  You need to fight it.
lovepink26
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 10:31 PM
Check out this site for options www.supportkids.com

Good luck!!
momof2boysinPA
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 11:15 PM
Maybe you either misunderstood the person who told you, or they explained it wrong.  I know here in PA (and I think it is pretty standard everywhere), they can intercept the tax return to satisfy arrears.  However, if the tax return is filed JOINTLY with his spouse, there is a special form that should've been filed when the taxes were filed so that she would get her portion and the rest would go to the arrears.  So what they may be trying to say is that they have to give her that option of claiming her portion (which if she is smart about it will end u being the majority of the return), but the remainder then would have to go to you for the arrears on the child support.  I hope that is the case and at least you get something.

Jenn 

visit me at www.myspace.com/bearhugs6575

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)