Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New single mom - I'm stuck!!

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 4:41 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi,
I'm a new single mom stuck living in the same house with the baby-daddy, but we're no longer in a relationship!  We're going to therapy, but mostly to figure out how to co-parent.  He doesn't want to save the relationship, but I do.  I don't have the money to move out (yet), but I have no space/distance to get over the break-up.  We're friends and get along pretty well, but I'm still having a really rough time of it.  Would love some emotional support, suggestions, ideas, or a human above the age of 9 months to vent with!

by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SydNykole
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 4:43 PM
Do you have anyone that you could stay with til you get the money ? Thats what i am doing right now. I am stayin with my mom til i get the money to move out. I had to get away from my daughters father asap.
tradinglives
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 5:59 PM
I second the suggestion above.

See if you have a girlfriend or a relative that you can stay with. 

If that is possible, maybe you could join a mother's group so you could hang out with some other mommies and you little one can get some interaction with the little ones.

I wish you all the best.
BellaBecky
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 6:03 PM
girl I completely understand my sons dad and I lived together a while after I had my son and it was hard. He had a girlfriend and he would have her come over( not when I was there but I knew she was there) she would drop and pick him up( he didn't have a license) It was so hard the best day ever was when I moved out. Hang in there you'll make it!!

Dancing Girl
vamommy3
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 8:22 PM
I would do my best to get out there as soon as you can, you won't really be able to move on and heal until you have had some time away from him. I know that must be difficult I couldn't do it. Hang in there though!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)