Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BED ADVISE PLEASE

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 10:16 PM
  • 2 Replies

iTS BEIN A 1YR SINCE MY SONS FATHER LEFT AND AT THE BEGINNING I LET MY SON SLEEP WITH ME, I WAS TOLD IT WAS A SENSE OF SECURITY, AT THAT TIME HE WAS IN A TODDLER BED, SO I BOUGHT HIM A BIG BOY BED IN HOPES THAT HE WOULD START SLEEPING IN IS OWN BED. HE WOULD FALL ASLEEP IN HIS BED AND END UP IN MY BED I DONT MIND SOME OF THE TIME BUT HE IS STILL IN THERE. WHEN HE GOES TO HIS FATHERS HOUSE HIS FATHER TELLS ME THAT HE SLEEPS IN HIS OWN BED THERE I TELL HIM THAT IS BECAUSE HIS BED IS IN THE SAME ROOM AS HIS SO HE IS NOT ALONE. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I KEEP THE NIGHT LIGHTS ON AND LEAVE THE BEDROOM DOORS OPEN. BUT HE STILL WONT STAY IN HIS ROOM  HE WILL BE 5 THE END OF SEPT.  ADVICE PLEASE.

by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
unoiamurangel
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 10:20 PM
Have you tried laying in bed with him till he falls alseep and then going to your bed? Let him know your going to do this for a little while, because he's getting to be a big boy and after a while you will be puting him in his bed alone, and he is not to get in mommy's bed...just keep reassuring him he's a big boy :) Hope that works!
seabreezee
by on Sep. 6, 2007 at 10:34 PM
I had this with my two boys also.  But I chose to have them sleep with me even before my ex left.  But as they got to age 5 I started having them go in their own bed and telling them they can come to my bed in the morning.  I would have to stay with them sometimes until they fell asleep or I would give some kind of reward if they slept in their bed each night for a week.  Its a hard habit to break, but he'll get the hang of it eventually.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)