Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks for sharing!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2007 at 3:54 AM
  • 4 Replies
I just want to thank all the other single moms out there for sharing everything they're going through. I am well aware that I am not the only single mother out there (my mom was one also), but it sure can feel like it sometimes.
My boyfriend decided he didn't know if he wanted to ever get married when my son was 2 weeks old. This is after he told me for about 3 years that he did, which is why we went ahead and got pregnant in the first place. Needless to say I was devastated for about a month and then one day, I woke up and I looked @ my baby and knew I was going to be okay. The love I have for him seemed to overrule any hurt I was feeling and make me strong, as corny or cliche as that sounds.
But every now and then, I start to get upset again. I get angry because I feel betrayed. I get sad because my son won't have his father around everyday. I get worried because I don't know how this all works. I get frustrated because I have to see my ex all the time which isn't helping me get over him.
Since I found this group, I've been reading peoples posts and replies and I've found a lot of help and strength in them. One woman was so upset about her husband leaving and couldn't understand why he did this and another woman said that this could be God's way of getting him out of your way so you can continue on your path. That has stayed with me everyday and given me hope. I still feel down sometimes, but just knowing that I'm not alone has kept me sane and I just want to thank all of you for sharing!

by on Sep. 7, 2007 at 3:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SngleMommy07
by on Sep. 7, 2007 at 4:04 AM

I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and though that reason may not be clear to us at the time, eventually it makes itself known.  Like in my post SD Called, I have no idea why he is putting me through all of this, but I know in due time God will answer that question, He always does, even if it isn't what I wanted to hear.

PS I agree isn't this a great group!

dragonflie
by on Sep. 7, 2007 at 12:02 PM
I to have found strenght in this site, thanks!  I always knew that it was the right thing to leave my husband when I found out he was cheating on me, that was the topper after all the physical and verbal abuse over the years.  But it was just 2 nights ago that I had confirmation from my son that I had done the right thing for me and my 2 children.  Our cat had just died in my sons arms (he is growing up to be such a man) well when he told his father he actually accused him of killing the cat.  My son looked at me later that night and said, "mom, leaving dad was the best thing you ever did for us".  I cried and held him tight.  I find great strenght in all the strong women out there and let us all stand together for ourselves and our children.
JENASCIAtheMOM
by on Sep. 7, 2007 at 4:04 PM
I agree. I think back and if I had gotten everything (and everyone) I thought I had wanted, my life would be pretty miserable right now. God is looking out for my best interests even if I disagree at the time. Sometimes I don't see what's best for me until the moments passed. It's still nice to know I'm not alone when I'm feeling weak.
I'm single, but I'm not alone!
seabreezee
by on Sep. 7, 2007 at 4:14 PM
Its funny, but I haven't been able to see that yet....

I was told that God maybe had a reason for this.  That this was the best.  But to be honest, nothing has been good about this since he left.  Its been 6 years now.  I've dated and have been in another relationship, but its not a good relationship.  I don't know what God has in store for me...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)