Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Did you get any help from the father??

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2007 at 2:17 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm almost at my due date and I've had to buy everything for my daughter. Her father hasnt done a thing!!! I'm not working right now but I am getting help from the state and all that money is going to buying for baby. I'm also homeless right now. My mother and me got kicked out of our apartment because the landlord didnt want a newborn in her apartments. We are living with my gramma right now trying to save up to get into a new place. Its hard to save money when you have to buy 101 baby things without anyone elses help.

The father of my daughter hasnt done a thing to help. Hasnt bought her anything, hasnt check if we're (baby and me are ok), and hasnt even bothered offer his help.

I want to know is my babys father the only lowlife not to help prepare for baby??
by on Sep. 7, 2007 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
amy407
by on Sep. 7, 2007 at 2:27 PM
Trust me yours is not the only one. My baby's father (excuse me... sperm donor) has NOT given me even a penny. The most help he gave me was the night he implanted his sperm inside me to make this beautiful baby.  Shoot, He has already moved on to another woman whom has convinced him this baby isnt his anyway. So I too am on my own. I don't know how but, I know that me and this baby will be will be okay. I was fine before I met him and Me and this baby will be fine without him.
Renilia
by on Sep. 7, 2007 at 2:30 PM

Quoting amy407:

Trust me yours is not the only one. My baby's father (excuse me... sperm donor) has NOT given me even a penny. The most help he gave me was the night he implanted his sperm inside me to make this beautiful baby.  Shoot, He has already moved on to another woman whom has convinced him this baby isnt his anyway. So I too am on my own. I don't know how but, I know that me and this baby will be will be okay. I was fine before I met him and Me and this baby will be fine without him.

He has already moved on as well. He moved in to the arms of be now ex best friend. She was even going to be my daughter godmother till she got with him. Oh and she thinks shes pregnant now too.
seabreezee
by on Sep. 7, 2007 at 2:32 PM
Make sure you put his name in for child support.  I see this happen way too often. And I'm sorry you are going through this.  (((((((hugs))))))))))

I'm a single mom too, ex left me for someone else and we divorced.  I petitioned for child support and it gets deducted from his wages monthly.  Even if they dont work, petition anyway...
vamommy3
by on Sep. 7, 2007 at 5:05 PM
Your not alone, my son's father never so much as bought a diaper to help cover my child's butt. I was working as much as I could and living with a friend trying to save money to get my own place. I relied on my baby shower to get me through when people asked what I needed for the baby I always said diapers and wipes. My son is 2 now and his father has never seen him let alone helped with expenses but I got WIC for formula and stuff and if you go to church most can help you with little things. Also try friends that have older kids, some might have stuff they can loan you. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)