Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just wondering..

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2007 at 9:28 PM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you ever considered having your baby's father sign over his parental rights?

Options:

Yes, and I went through with it

Yes, only thought about it

No, but it's a thought

No, never have, never will.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

I don't want to be criticized for this.  It is simply a question.  If you don't have anything helpful to say, please don't say anything at all, thank you.

http://www.overlappingtextlive.com - overlapping text

by on Sep. 15, 2007 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raynebeau2
by on Sep. 15, 2007 at 10:40 PM
i would if i thought his rights matter 2 him but they don't and he's not on the bc so i don't see it being an issue. but i would if i were getting married or something and the guy better want 2 adopt
SingleMamaof1
by on Sep. 15, 2007 at 10:47 PM
I would love for my son's father to relinquish his rights because he doesn't do anything for my son anyway.  We don't get child support and he hasn't seen my son since he was 3yrs. old and he'll be 12 in Jan.  My son is completely okay with that too.  But I worry about when I get married and the guy wants to adopt my son.  I'd have a hard time doing it.  His dad even told me once that no guy would ever adopt his son.  I have a court order that says he can't see his son unless he petitions the court so that's the best of what I have right now.  It stinks but its something. 
amandaroyal804
by on Sep. 15, 2007 at 10:51 PM

It would be  cold day in hell before my son's sperm donor signs away his rights, he says he's a good dad but he prefers to keep himself stocked in weed than to make sure his son has enough diapers. There are no words to describe the hate, yes HATE i have for that man, no he's not even a man. ARGH!!! Sorry, he's just not signing away the rights cause he knows that's what i want and why should he do somthign for me? is the whole deal with us

RycesMom
by on Sep. 15, 2007 at 11:02 PM
You need a yes and just waiting for the right time LOL. My daughter is a trophy to her sperm donor he likes to parade her around and that is the way he gets into his parents house. He also likes to keep rubbing it in my face that he gets to see her. I am bidding my time and gathering as much info as I can so that when the time comes i am ready
LilliannsMom
by on Sep. 15, 2007 at 11:08 PM
I think about it everyday.  My boyfriend is my daughters daddy.  I have never even heard from her sperm donor since the day I told him I was pregnant.  When I filed for child support, the state automatically requires a paternity test if his name is not on the birth certificate, that bastard didnt even show up for that.  I have every right now to take his rights away without his consent, but the only reason I wait is because I know Im never going to get any money and the longer I wait, the more leverage I have against him when I get married for my bf to adopt her, which he brought up to me and he wants just as much as I do.  Legally after one year if he has not tried to make contact or paid child support you dont need his consent.
JoyNichole
by on Sep. 15, 2007 at 11:10 PM
Is that in every state or just the state that you live in?

http://www.overlappingtextlive.com - overlapping text

http://www.cafemom.com/group/2007holidaybabies - Group Owner.  Did you have a holiday baby in 2007?  If so, join the group!  Any holidays that you celebrate or acknowledge are welcome.

LilliannsMom
by on Sep. 15, 2007 at 11:13 PM

Im pretty sure it is with in one year in every state, although I know some states are less than a year

SingleMamaof1
by on Sep. 15, 2007 at 11:18 PM
Better check because I think each state is different.  I'm in Ohio and it's been almost 9yrs and I still can't have my son's dads parental rights revoked.  Would be good to check into it though for wherever you live to be sure. 
butterfly837
by on Sep. 15, 2007 at 11:44 PM
I'd love to have my sperm donors rights taken away.  She's only 8 months old, and he's yet to see her or pay child support so I'm just biding my time until I can legally get them stripped.
Singlemomks
by on Sep. 16, 2007 at 1:10 AM
I have thought about this for a while...the only reason I don't is that I don't want him to forget about all the back child support he owes.  Am I a wee bit vindictive, you bet!  It just doesn't seem right to me that he has gone on with his life and has never done a damn thing for my daughter...he hasn't filed a tax return in 12 years and takes jobs that pay him under the table, so for now I am ok with that - whatever makes his life a little more complicated!!

The only way I would go through with it is if I found a man that wanted to adopt her, but seeings how she is 12, I doubt that will ever happen.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!