Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I've never been so embaressed!!!

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 8:04 PM
  • 4 Replies
I just got home from the grocery store.  I went with the 30 dollars that my soon to be ex was kind enough to give me.  (did you hear the sarcasm there?)  I have no idea how he expected me to buy groceries for three people with 30 dollars.  My kitchen was absolutely bare when I went.  I made a list so as to only get necessities.  I added up the approximate cost of it all before I left the house.  So I'm in line with two hungry toddlers being cranky.  The cashier was barely half way through my stuff when I realized I was already up to 40 dollars.  Apparently I seriously miscalculated.  So I had to put a bunch of stuff back.  And I had to stand there, holding up the line, trying to figure out what to put back, since it was all essential.  And of course, I was trying desperately not to cry.  I have never been so embaressed in my life.  And angry!!
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
xxm0mm130f0n3xx
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 8:07 PM

Awwww I'm so sorry sweetie. I work at a grocery store, I see this kind of thing everyday. Hang in there tho! Good Luck!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

melosecho
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 8:23 PM
That has happened to me before!!   I had some diapers and I was off a couple dollars.  I had my daughter in my arms crying and I was digging around in my purse to find enough change.  The cashier felt sorry for me and paid the rest of the amount.  I was really embarrassed.  I finally paid him back.  He didn't remember that he did that, but he thanked me anyways. 
suesar
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 9:03 PM
I've had to do it before too and it really is embarassing, and I'm sorry you had to go through that, guys are jerks.
bellasmom2004
by on Sep. 19, 2007 at 9:07 AM
I feel for ya.
Been there myself. If you cannot get more money out of the guy, apply for food assistance. No shame in that. I have been receiving it for a year now.
Helps out, when "daddy" won't!

God Bless ya hon!

J.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN