Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Here

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2007 at 4:24 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hello All. I am a newly single mom (even though I feel like I've been single all 10 mths). My ex has just decided he can't do "us" anymore. We constantly fight over everything. I am proud to say that he had the guts to walk away. I don't think I ever would of.  I am so lost at what do right now. 
by on Sep. 18, 2007 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
seabreezee
by on Sep. 18, 2007 at 6:19 PM
(((((((((hugs))))))))))

Give yourself time to heal.  Its an adjustment, but you will get through it.  I'm here if you need to talk.

RyeliesMommy
by on Sep. 18, 2007 at 7:22 PM
It's so hard and so scary. What do I do. He now wants to move outta state? He won't be here for her 1st Halloween or Thanksgiving..
christie27
by on Sep. 18, 2007 at 7:37 PM
I would just let him go. It will be him missing out on time with your child. He might wish later that he didn't but you can't do anything about him moving. Since he is the one that left I would talk to a lawyer about applying for full custody and seting up child support. Stay busy that's what I did when I was going threw mine
Brenda-n-Kaleb
by on Sep. 18, 2007 at 8:30 PM
No matter how difficult it is just let him go. He's the one who chose to leave so let him go and move on with your life. He will be the one missing out.

Best thing to do is stay busy and get out and do things it will help keep your mind off things.

And if you ever need to talk just email me.

RyeliesMommy
by on Sep. 19, 2007 at 11:27 AM
WTF? Why are men so f$#%& stupid. I had the worst night last night. I think Ryelie can tell something is going on. She cried every hour for the past two nights. Sucks I don't have the support of her dad because he doesn't want to grow up.
SharkB8
by on Sep. 19, 2007 at 11:59 AM
Try not to stress over this!!  When I had my daughter I was with a partner and we split up a few months later.  I found the best thing in the entire world was being single... supporting myself and because I was single I had sooooooooo much time to bond with my SNMG!!  It was the best.  Now I have a new boyfriend 3 years later and it's so hard to share her but it's worth it ;0)

So in a nutshell my advice is .... stay single
focus on yourself
focus on bonding with your little one
and one day when you get the time in your life find someone to share your joy with... just not too soon

Wish you soooo much luck and feel free to send a message if you need anything!!

Karey
RyeliesMommy
by on Sep. 19, 2007 at 12:32 PM
Out of all the groups I have to say you guys are the most supportive.. ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)