Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you handle the holidays?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2007 at 8:56 PM
  • 3 Replies
With the holidays coming up I dont know what to do. DS's dad is semi-involved in his life. When I say semi what I mean is he has seen him twice (he's 6 months old) and calls once every couple of weeks to check in. He pays child support since it is now court ordered.  One of the last times we talked he mentioned wanting to take him for a week over the Thanksgiving holiday. My first thought is "Over my dead body". I really dont trust my son alone with him. Not that he would hurt him on purpose but nothing comes before BF, not even his son, so if he happens to get neglected in the process he doesnt really care. SO my question is how do you handle holidays in your family? I was kinda thinking maybe a day visit with me in the area (we live 6 hours from him) but I just dont know.

mommytopreemie.gif
by on Sep. 18, 2007 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Divaveteran
by on Sep. 18, 2007 at 9:32 PM
The wonderful courts mandate everything we do at Christmas, and this year the devil, I mean my daughter's father, gets her for Christmas Day. AAHHH!!! If you're not comfortable with him having the baby for a week, then don't do it unless you have that court paper saying he has to. My daughter's father wasn't even involved until she was 4. The courts handed all kinds of rights over to him at that time...including supervised visitation (which ended quickly...errr).

majesticmel
by on Sep. 18, 2007 at 11:06 PM

I am sooo glad that I do not have to give my children to their father at any time let alone the holidays.  I have a 12 year old son and a daughter on the way.  I could probably count on one hand how many times the dad has seen my son in 12 years.  I made sure that he has no parental rights except to pay child support when it comes to my kids (not that I get any, but I do have a court order).  His name is not on the birth certificate and I currently have a restraining order on him.

daycareprovider
by on Sep. 19, 2007 at 10:15 AM
I would let him have supervised visit if he wants to see her and you are afraid to let him take her.  If hes paying child support he should have visitation. It depends on what the court papers.  My daughters dad did that.  Never paid support and said when she was 18 hed get her into his life.  He saw her about once a year and got her a doll evey Christmas that I wanted to throw at him and sure enough he came back to her graduation from high school and brought her a new car.  All of the sudden hes a great dad in her eyes.  Hes done a lot of growing up since then and now sees her regularly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)