Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DEAD BEAT DADS!!! HELP!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2007 at 7:39 PM
  • 5 Replies
DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY SUGG ON HOW TO GET THE DILL HOLE TO PAY!!! HE KEEPS SWITCHING JOBS I THINK? MY POOR SON HASEN'T SEEN HIS DAD IN A YEAR!!! HE IS ONLY 4 BUT IS STARTING TO ASK QUESTIONS!!! SO I GUESS I HAVE TWO SUGG I NEED!! THANK YOU!!!
by on Sep. 19, 2007 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nrsdewees
by on Sep. 19, 2007 at 7:47 PM
I'd go the state and just let them deal with. The government should be the one forcing him to pay. It is upsetting knowing it is out of your hands, basically, but that's about where it stops. My father's daughter is a pain - but he pays his child support on time, luckily. But I was told if he didn't, to just contact the local Division of Child Support Enforcement.

mom_isnotmyname
by on Sep. 19, 2007 at 8:07 PM
I went through that when my 18 year old daughter was younger. Her dad was never around, never helped out, nada...so I went to court and sued him for child support and I got it! Since he wouldn't pay, the judge ordered garnishment from his checks, but he was always in between jobs too, but when he was working I got the money. Also you should have a local child support enforcement agency in your area, I used them too and they can help. Good luck.

Candy

hugs

Brenda-n-Kaleb
by on Sep. 19, 2007 at 8:25 PM

The minute my lovely ex missed his first child support payment I started a case with the Child support enforcement and then that way I don't have to deal with it and they track him down no matter where he goes.

Once he is hired for a job, they have to do a new hire report so therefore they catch him that way and request an income assignment which is what I do.

Now it's not a gauranteed thing especially if he is a job hopper, but you'll get the money that's for sure and if all else fails, come tax time they'll take his whole refund and give it to you.

Here's the link to Colorado CSE and on there you can look up your state on how to start a case if you haven't

http://www.childsupport.state.co.us/do/home/index

hope that helps you out

iluvmikey07
by on Sep. 19, 2007 at 8:28 PM
do you absolutely, desperately need his money? because personally i would say screw the jerk and just forget he even existed. don't you think life would be much easier and happier not worrying about him or what he's doing? that's how i look at it. if my baby's father decides he doesn't care and isn't gonna pay or see his son...great. bye bye then.

I <3 Michael Alfredo

Bobbie74
by on Sep. 19, 2007 at 8:28 PM

Quoting Brenda-n-Kaleb:

The minute my lovely ex missed his first child support payment I started a case with the Child support enforcement and then that way I don't have to deal with it and they track him down no matter where he goes.

Once he is hired for a job, they have to do a new hire report so therefore they catch him that way and request an income assignment which is what I do.

Now it's not a gauranteed thing especially if he is a job hopper, but you'll get the money that's for sure and if all else fails, come tax time they'll take his whole refund and give it to you.

Here's the link to Colorado CSE and on there you can look up your state on how to start a case if you haven't

http://www.childsupport.state.co.us/do/home/index

hope that helps you out

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!! I LOVE THIS GROUP!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)