Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Has anyone had their tubes tied?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2007 at 11:16 AM
  • 10 Replies
Please help me  i need some personal expericences  Iam on baby #3 and bc has not worked twice.
by on Sep. 21, 2007 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soulchaser
by on Sep. 21, 2007 at 11:18 AM
I had my tubes tied after my 3rd. What kind of advice are you looking for? You can message me if you like
Sissy_76
by on Sep. 21, 2007 at 11:22 AM
I had my tubes tied when I had my fourth child, because birth control failed for me too, and I didn't want it to happen again.  Not sure what advice you are looking for, but if you are 100% sure you do not want any more kids, then it would probably be the best thing to do.
CrystalnSC
by on Sep. 21, 2007 at 11:29 AM
After Presley, I had my tubes tied...  Doc said it was a medical necessity because my pregnancies just kept getting worse and worse and flat out told me that I probably wouldn't live through another one.  All of my births were C-sections and getting my tubes tied, I think I was just laying on the table maybe five minutes more...  What kind of info are you looking for? I don't feel less of a woman because I can't have any more kids if that is one of the things you are worried about.  Just whatever you do, make sure you don't want anymore before you make that decision! Good Luck!

Crystal

www.cafemom.com/group/elvis

rockinmomof3
by on Sep. 21, 2007 at 12:03 PM
I had my tubes tied after my youngest was born. Tyler was full term, but for some reason, I went into preterm labor at 26 weeks with my two girls. I had it done the day after I had Shay(happy mother's day!). There were no complications and I think I went home two days later. It was hard to sit up to go to the bathroom-tried the bed pan, difficult to pee backwards, muscles you forgot you had, suddenly were screaming at you. If you are absolutely sure you do not want any more children, go for it. The men? It's not worth listening to the whining about getting a vasectomy!!!
Tigger420
by on Sep. 21, 2007 at 12:06 PM
I had my tubes tied the day after i had my 3rd kid.  It was pretty painful but very worth it.  I dont want anymore kids.  I was suppose to have it done after i had my 2nd but that didnt happen! 

Momoffive41
by on Sep. 21, 2007 at 12:39 PM

Getting my tubes tied was the best decision I had made in a long time. I have 5 children and no longer stress everytime I have sex about having a 6th. Just remember it is permanent so be sure about it. It was a little painful afterwords, but pain meds can control it. Good luck with your decision.

web4u2
by on Sep. 21, 2007 at 1:42 PM

I had the procedure done after my second child. Should have done it while I was still in the hospital after giving birth, but I couldn't decide. Best decision of my life. Never liked taking contraceptives. Never liked buying them. Especially didn't like the side effects I heard about from other women.

-  La'Shon

lfredette
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 10:23 AM
I am 39 and my only child is 18. I had my tubes tied this year, best decision I ever made. Sex is great because you no longer have to worry about getting pregnant. I hated taking the pill. I love the feeling of freedom, I would recommend this more than talking your significant other into having a vasectomy.

It is an outpatient surgery and I would expect about a good week of bed rest before you feel up to moving around. It takes about 4 - 6 weeks to get back to 100%. One thing I did notice is that my periods are as regular as clock work and are shorter.

You must be 100% sure your don't want anymore kids. There was no question for me, but it is something you have to take a serious look at before you do it.

Lisa A. Fredette, CTA Certified Life Coach
Passionate About Life Coaching
814-594-5817
http://www.lisafredette.com
http://lisafredette.com/blog
coach@lisafredette.com

Passionate Growth Teleseminar Series - Are you Living the Life of your Dreams? -Starting September 17, 2007 Sign up today http://lisafredette.com/passionategrowth.htm

Regaining your Passion for Life after Divorce Network sign up at http://passionateaboutlifeafterdivorce-network.ryze.com/

babygirl_87
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 7:44 PM

I WANT TO GET MY TUBES TIED AFTER I HAVE MY DAUGHTER THE ONLY THING IS THAT ITS MY FIRST CHILD AN MOST DOCTORS WONT DO IT UNTELL YOU HAVE AT LEAST 2 OR 3 AN YOUR AT LEAST 25 TO 30 AND IM ONLY 19 ILL BE 20 JUST BE FORE I HAVE HER AND I DONT WANT ANY MORE KIDS AFTER HER .

Sabati
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 11:42 AM
I had my tubes tied after my second son, because my pregnancies were so awful and we'd only planned for two kids. It wasn't too bad, and it was nice not to have to worry about birth control, etc., but since then I've often wished I'd waited. I wish so badly that I had the little girl that I never got to try for. Oh well, it's pretty much irreversible, and now I've had to have a hysterectomy for other reasons, so no babies for me, ever...not even by artificial implantation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)