Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

single mom of older kids

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2007 at 1:40 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hi-
I was put up for adoption and had a wierd life for awhile.  I ended up getting married for the wrong reasons, but I was lucky enough to have 2 amazing kids.  Although married for 12 years-I never knew I was like a single mom during that whole time.  I do think you are better off doing it solo.  I have a lot of respect for all of you young ladies who are sounding strong and mature.  I have so much fatith in God that he protects us all.  My kids are handling my divorce so much better than I ever expected and I have tried to hold my head up, be strong and show my kids a great role model. 

The best news about what you are doing is that you will still be young when they are off doing there own thing-you will get a 2nd chance.  You can't be a mom and live like a single person.  I was in a verbally and emotionally abusive relationship and had No idea that I was being a bad role model for my kids-I was showing my daughter that is how women are treated and my son that is how women are treated.

I am 38 now and can't go back and do things differently-my kids are 9 & 7 and the mom they see now is the one they will remember-thank GOD!!! 

Stay strrong and protect those babies of yours from bad men who might hurt you or them.  Take advantage of the services that will provide for you-be true to yourself and only take help from those who give it freely with no strings attatched ans you and your child will be fine.  They watch you every step of the way :)  It will be hard at times, but like some people said in other posts-keep your head up and don't ever give up on yourself.

Blessings and I will keep all of you in my prayers.
by on Sep. 22, 2007 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
dstarr347
by Member on Sep. 23, 2007 at 4:41 AM
Thanks and you stay strong as well!
motherfish77
by on Sep. 23, 2007 at 4:52 AM
My kids were just getting out of high school when I divorced. They were all for the divorce and told me that was the best thing I ever did. I felt like a single mom even though I was married. My ex was not the nicest person and he was in life for himself and no one else. He is still that way. Now that I'm divorced, my kids are very protective of me...LOL....If I accidently snag a date with someone they want to know all about it...LOL...My kids come first and foremost and that's the bottom line, even though they are adults and on their own. i would never let any man be nasty to them or treat them badly. I was in a relationship with a guy that wasn't so very nice to my daughter. In fact, we were all living together and he told me one night that he wanted my daughter out of his house, but never really did tell me the reason. That was enough to get me to find other living arrangements. I was not about to sever my relationship with my kids for any man, and i never will be...
lovemotorcycles
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 4:18 PM
Hi singlemom411

I am 44 and I lived in a similar relationship for 21 years. I have a son and a daughter..20 and 19 respectively. I didn't have the strength to leave when they were younger and sometimes I feel I didn't protect them by staying in such an abusive relationship. But they are great kids, strong and very supportive of me and we have a great relationship. I salute you for being there for you kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)