Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I filled out my postcards to my senators and representative at church today -- DID YOU???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:57 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 200 Total Views

This is about fighting the FOCA and I've mentioned it before in another post.  Our bishop is going to personally deliver the postcards to our elected representatives!

If you need more info about this NATIONAL postcard campaign, sponsored by the U.S. Bishops, here's a link:

http://www.usccb.org/prolife/issues/FOCA/postcard.shtml

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kecmea
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:16 PM
We had a wonderful day! Our parish is very large (3800 families), very suburban, pretty upscale, tends toward liberal (except that our priests are orthodox). I agreed to help with the postcard campaign, but I was a little apprehensive. I was worried that most of our parishioners would be too embarrassed, or even a little argumentative, over the issue. NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!!! Our tables were swarmed -- swarmed -- with parishioners signing cards. Our priests asked signers to contribute $1 to cover mailing expenses, and people were stuffing $10 bills into overflowing collection baskets. It was an amazing, amazing, amazing response and so very gratifying for those of us who work in the pro-life movement and felt the election was a repudiation of all our hard work. The truth is, FOCA struck a deep chord in our parish and our fellow Catholics came out in droves, with open hearts and wallets, to work for our cause.

What a wonderful blessing! What sweet comfort God gave us today!

katielovemyboys
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:40 AM

I was very excited to see that my church had the postcards on Sunday @ mass. I filled mine out! YAY! Lets hope these postcards STOP!!! FOCA!

Katie~

mommacat
by Member on Jan. 31, 2009 at 10:30 PM

I coordinated this at my Parish and we sent almost 3000 out!

prayingCathy

rsking5a
by Member on Feb. 1, 2009 at 10:57 PM

We got ours today and I'll be mailing them out in the morning! I have to say though I really like the idea of them being filled out right then and there and the church mailing them. I'm sure a number of what was taken home today won't get mailed out!! Bummer, but GO FOCA Fighters GO!!!!

Shannan

Mommy to Ricky, Christopher, Elizabeth, & Penelope!!

mommacat
by Member on Feb. 2, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Quoting rsking5a:

We got ours today and I'll be mailing them out in the morning! I have to say though I really like the idea of them being filled out right then and there and the church mailing them. I'm sure a number of what was taken home today won't get mailed out!! Bummer, but GO FOCA Fighters GO!!!!

That's exactly why we did this this way. If people wanted to take them home we let them but we collected them and mailed them ourselves. I just wish there had been a postcard to the president. I had to fill out a form for my diocese, the state and send one to an address in DC to let them know how many we sent to each person. I put on that that there should have been a postcard to the pres.

prayingCathy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)