Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In need of NATURAL HAIR wearing tips & help!!!

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2010 at 5:02 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 371 Total Views

celebrityHey mommies!!!

I had my last relaxer in April 2010. So that means its 4 months of natural and 4 months of crazy hair!! LOL I am new 2 this natural thing and I hv no clue wut 2 do wit my hair! It seems 2 naturally b very soft and fuzzy. Not at all kinky or nappy. Which I had no idea of since I was a regular with the relaxers. I have no idea wut 2 do since I can't wear an afro, the curl just isn't tight enuff. I heard theres a new straightener thats natural & won't damage ur hair the way relaxing and flat ironing can. Is this true? Has anyone used this? PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I'm tired of hiding my hair behind a scarf or wig. Uugghh...

by on Aug. 29, 2010 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
3KurlyKids
by on Aug. 30, 2010 at 9:34 AM
I've been natural since November, so I understand your pain. LOL. You really should try some different hair forums like www.naturalsunshine.ning.com, www.naturallycurly.com or www.bglh.com. YouTube also has some great tutorials.
I don't straighten my hair, so I can't give you any advice on that, but if you want to define your curls, get Kinky Curly Curling Custard. It's expensive, but it's great for curl definition. If you do get it, make sure you watch a YouTube tutorial on how to apply it first.
Hope this helps. Good luck!
Lady_J-z
by on Jan. 10, 2011 at 9:19 PM

This may sound crazy, but I've been natural since Feb. 2010 and I got something called an Egyptian Blowout which looks like a relaxer but its a natural process that straightens your hair w/o chems. If you ladies wanna know what it is, look for me on Facebook (Joann Toolegittoquit Smith) if you find me look in my friends list for Charlotte Queens and there are pics of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN