Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hot oil treatments?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2010 at 11:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 271 Total Views
How do you hot oil treatments? Do you shampoo first then do the hot oil or hot oil then shampoo? What oil do you use?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2010 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Generally with a hot oil treatment for hair, they are used once a week. The bottle of oil is heated by putting the bottle in hot water for an extended period of time. The conditioning treatment of the hair gives more strength and body to the hair. The hot oil can help repair damaged and weak hair as every strand gets the treatment it needs instantly when the oil is applied.

After heating the tube of oil in the water, generally for a minute or so, you can message the hot oil treatment into your wet hair. Massage all the oil thoroughly in the hair so that all the hair will be able to be exposed to the hot oil. Many times people that use hot oil treatments do not make sure that all their hair is exposed and this can cause weakness to those areas of the hair. After this is done, you can rinse the hair and the scalp thoroughly under the running water. After the hot oil treatment is done processing, shampoo your hair as you regularly do. You can use the hot oil treatment once or week or as often as needed.

Some of the more natural oils that are popular for hot oil treatments are olive oil, jasmine oil, and jojoba oil.

bruyere123
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I use a hot oil treatment once a week. I heat up olive, coconut, and castor oil and apply it to dry hair. I usually leave it on for 2 hours to a day then shampoo my scalp. After that deep condition my fair. I love hot oil treatments!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by Group Owner on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I haven't done a hot oil treatment in forever.  Maybe I'll do one soon.

LovedNCherished
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I'm gonna trya hot oil treatment on my dd's hair....thanks for posting ladies

Lorik1969
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I use heated olive oil and put on a disposable plastic cap for at least an hour, once a week. I find I have to wash my hair really well (usually 2 shampoo's) to get the oil out. It works great though and it's a lot cheaper than a treatment at the salon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)