Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 10:36 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 285 Total Views

Okay, so I have a bit of a dilemma. I am currently transitioning (4 months now) and I cannot find anything to successfully moisturize my hair. My hair is very thick and sucks up anything i have tried. Also, i have been trying the transitioning styles, which are okay but I cant seem to keep my hair moisturized, it always seems dry after removing rollers, taking out braids, etc. What are some of your regimens when applying rollers or doing twist/ braid outs? 

by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
1221mom
by on Nov. 14, 2011 at 4:14 AM

I understand what you are going though. You have to try a few things before you find what your hair likes. Right now I am loving Black castor oil. Because you still are transitioning I would say to try a light form of it. You can also use Jojoba oil for styling. Your hair absorbs it quick so it not greasy all day. Ok to sum it up Black castor oil either at night or during to rolling, or twist, and Jojoba to style if needed. If you are looking for your hair to have that same shine that it would with a relaxer, it wouldn't but it is not a bad thing. I hope this helps.

bxbsmommy
by on Nov. 15, 2011 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Oil isn't going to moisturize your hair. You need something that is water based. You can get a spray bottle and mix water, aloe Vera juice and a couple drops of oil and use that.

Also, you may need to up the amount of times you use a moisturizing deep conditioner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ClassyMaye
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 1:15 AM

okay... thanks ladies. I have actually found something that works great on my hair. Its' africas best daily conditioner and pure shae butter. I have noticed that my hair is moisterized and full of body. others have noticed the difference as well. I have bought some coconut oil to use after washing my hair also. Thanks again

KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I'm hearing a great deal about the Carol Daughter's products the step three Transitioning kit. 

carolsdaughter.com, hsn.com or you can try looking into their products at the Sephora stores.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)