Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural all over

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 370 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Around the same time I decided to go natural I decided I need to de-toxify the rest of my life as well.  I'm trying to eat clean (no processed foods) and clean clean (natural cleansers around the house) as well.

Have you made any other "natural" changes in your life?

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
givenshl
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Nope but wouldn't mind trying. Please, if you don't mind let me know what you whip up to get the cleansing going.
Babujai
by Group Owner on Sep. 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Quoting givenshl:

Nope but wouldn't mind trying. Please, if you don't mind let me know what you whip up to get the cleansing going.

I'm not a real DIY type of person so the furthest i've gotten on clean cleansers is diluted vinegar to wash windows and using baking soda in the laundry.  I'm better with the clean eating.

givenshl
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Welp thats a start, thanks much!
keisha613
by Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I make my own laundry detergent ( 5 kids, remember).  There are many recipes online but the ones I prefer is with Borax and vinegar.  I use the Method Antibac and Mrs. Meyers cleaners.  I cloth diaper at home mostly.  Still disposable when I go out/in the diaper bag.  I tried doing all natural non processed foods but it only lasted about 6 months.  It got expensive, fast.  Sometimes the kids want Kraft mac and cheese and Banquet chicken nuggets, and I appreciate the low cost and fast preparation, so I stop fighting and give it to them.  I'm on a juice diet now so I eat natural.  I use Kotex Natural, sorry tmi but yeah, I do that too.  So sure, I've gone natural in other ways.

Babujai
by Group Owner on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting keisha613:

I make my own laundry detergent ( 5 kids, remember).  There are many recipes online but the ones I prefer is with Borax and vinegar.  I use the Method Antibac and Mrs. Meyers cleaners.  I cloth diaper at home mostly.  Still disposable when I go out/in the diaper bag.  I tried doing all natural non processed foods but it only lasted about 6 months.  It got expensive, fast.  Sometimes the kids want Kraft mac and cheese and Banquet chicken nuggets, and I appreciate the low cost and fast preparation, so I stop fighting and give it to them.  I'm on a juice diet now so I eat natural.  I use Kotex Natural, sorry tmi but yeah, I do that too.  So sure, I've gone natural in other ways.

I prefer Always and Tampax products, but I always get the cardboard applicators because they're more eco-friendly.  Been considering the Diva cup (http://divacup.com/), but the idea of it kinda freaks me out.

keisha613
by Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Babujai:

Quoting keisha613:

I prefer Always and Tampax products, but I always get the cardboard applicators because they're more eco-friendly.  Been considering the Diva cup (http://divacup.com/), but the idea of it kinda freaks me out.

Ah, the Diva cup.  I suggest it.  I used to use the Instead Cup, which is just about the same thing.  I use them on occasion now.  Usually on my heaviest day if I feel like...hmmm...going there.  5 kids and you think I would be more comfortable talking about this stuff.

marlarrie
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I use baking soda and vinegar in the laundry, but I haven't attempted to make my own laundry detergent. I also clean the bathroom with baking soda and dish detergent....it cleans really well without the strong smell of many cleaners.

KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm staying away from artificial colors, dyes, and flavors in my foods.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Sadly no
Mommabearbergh
by Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 3:39 AM
I used to be when I was a sahm but now I work full time I don't eat clean like I should but I am working on it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)