Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pain Relief

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 5:45 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 238 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I had a stiff neck last week...probably just from sleeping in a bad position.  DH offered to get me some Bengay.  I told him, no thank you, I'll just put a warm pack on it.  He said the Bengay is heat, but I explained that it was chemical heat and I didn't want it.  He just shook his head at me, but I think he's finally starting to take me serious about being as chemical free as possible.

What are some of your natural pain relievers?

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I really don't have any at this time I very rarely have pain.

Brehi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I use shea butter on burns. When I HAD arthritis I was taking prescription meds then I stopped and was using just a heating pad then I tried prayer.Yeah, I should have used prayer from the beginning.

shadenn766
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM

i have neck pain sometimes and migraines...massage and warm or cold compress helps me...i dont like taking pain meds if i dont have to

shadenn766
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:48 PM

also for migraine prevention/ relief, my dr has me taking magnesium

Babujai
by Group Owner on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting shadenn766:

I've just recently discovered the benefits of magnesium.  My favorite salad at Quiznos has pumpkin seeds so I looked them up and found out they're really high in magnesium which may help with PMS symptoms.

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

shadenn766
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:04 PM

yes, magnesium helps with over 300 functions in the body....ive been taking it for about 7 years now

Quoting Babujai:

Quoting shadenn766:

I've just recently discovered the benefits of magnesium.  My favorite salad at Quiznos has pumpkin seeds so I looked them up and found out they're really high in magnesium which may help with PMS symptoms.

shadenn766
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM

yes, heat therapy works wonders when it comes to pain relief...and yes mam prayer ia always the answer:)

Quoting Brehi:

I use shea butter on burns. When I HAD arthritis I was taking prescription meds then I stopped and was using just a heating pad then I tried prayer.Yeah, I should have used prayer from the beginning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)