Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so bored with my half natural/half relaxed hair. All I can do with it is either press it or throw it up into a ponytail. Pressing doesn't last long and my ponytails are sloppy and frizzy and just eww. I'm so close to grabbing the scissors and cutting my ponytail off to force me to the hair salon to cut more of my hair off LOL! I haven't had a relaxer since January so it's going on a year.

I keep telling myself to just cut it off since I don't work anymore. I don't have anywhere to be so if I have trouble controlling my hair or finding right products, it won't really matter. If I'm having a bad hair day I can just stay home that day. I think I'm scared of how it will look when I cut it since when I wash my hair most of it is a curly afro but then I have those weird straight parts that hang all awkwardly. LOL!

Help! What should I do? Any advice?

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Replies (21-22):
quite1331
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Cool :). Bantu knits are my saving grace. I have used them after my 3 day braid out and it creates nice curls. Be sure to do them on damp Not wet hair. Because the wet wet hair will cause your curls to be tight tight tight :(. Go to YouTube to see how they do them and what products to use

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Haven't tried a Bantu knot out but I've seen them and I LOVE them! Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Quoting quite1331:

Have u tried Bantu knots the nite before and take them out next day. Or roller sets and sit under dryer on low heat for 30 min or so (then let rest air dry.

I still do roller sets and use Giovanni leave in conditioner which I just purchased and LOVE so far. My natural hair and relaxed hair love the Giovanni leave in conditioner. It makes my natural hair soft soft soft and easy to manage. I can finger comb easily with it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I just cut mine off one morning. I got tired of the what-ifs and excuses I was giving myself. Wish I had done it sooner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)