Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scalp moisturizers/ grease

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:40 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 264 Total Views
Hi everyone. I am wondering what I should use as a moisturizer on my scalp? Oils or grease with no petroleum/mineral oil. I know some people use oil: coconut oil or castor oil etc on scalp. But should I use oil on my scalp only. And to seal my ends. And should I do this every other day? What regimen do u use to moisturize your hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Babujai
by Group Owner on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I mostly wear wash 'n gos so on wash day I co-wash/condition my hair and then rinse it out.  Then I put leave-in conditioner in my hair, coconut oil on my scalp and in my hair and then my styling creme.  That evening I'll spritz my hair lightly with water, put on my scarf and go to bed.  The next morning I spritz my hair heavily, put on a plastic cap to help it penetrate my hair, and then shake out my curls.  I follow this evening and morning routine for every day that my wash 'n go lasts.

How I moisturize changes with other styles. What I do depends on what I can get away with without ruining the style.  For example, when my hair is in twists I do coconut oil over my hair every morning, but no water and only do coconut oil on my scalp if it feels dry or itchy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN