Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I did my big chop on 12/14/12

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

I have about an 2 inches of hair and no idea of what to do with it....I've been covering it up with quick weaves....I have no idea how to take care of my hair, so right now I have a short nappy bush, and I don't know what to do!!!  Suggestions?

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Babujai
by Group Owner on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:32 PM

First, I suggest you get on YouTube and watch a lot of videos.

Second, I suggest you figure out a wash 'n go method that works best for you.  That's the easiest style for short hair.  I do the LOC method (leave-in conditioner, oil, cream), but some naturals use gel or conditioner only.

Third, read thru a lot of the "101" posts in this forum.  They have a lot of basic information.

Finally, feel free to post questions about specific products, techniques or whatever you need.

Welcome to the group!

Brehi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep your hair moisturized as best as you can. I wore a wig for months after I bc'd because I couldn't do anything with it, wasn't used to it and I was still missing my longer hair. Now, I havn't wore a wig in a long time. When you're ready to go out with your own hair you'll know.  :)

Myboysmom08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes - please read through alot of info - but weaves are ok for now as you educate yourself.  Also - don't be afraid to experiment with your hair - try products - there's reviews everywhere - take time to learn what works for you.  And finally ... get a love thing going with your hair.  Look at you in the mirror ... and "recognize" yourself and how much you "love her".  Give yourself a <BIG HUG> and let go and let God.

AmyKarissa007
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I would suggest that you be care about using too many products on your hair, and just keep your moisturized everyday.

moosesmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I have about that much hair. I've been rockin twist outs. Love them! And it looks especially good by the third and fourth day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
YouTube is your friend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)