Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Transitioning Back to My Natural Hair

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 353 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Hello...I'm in the process of transitioning back to my natural hair. I've had a relaxer since I was 16 years old; so for 21 years- you do the math! I'm almost 3 month post relaxer. I've been doing a lot of two strand twists, two strand twist outs and trying to really take care of my hair with moisturizing and conditioning.

I must say, I love how I am able to really get into my hair and get to know my hair. I don't think I ever really knew my actual hair texture at its natural state because when I was 5 years old, my mom had to do a "BC," LOL, on my hair due to the fact that I got a hair disease from wearing another child's hat in kindergarten. Then my hair grew back from there, but my mom was either using the hot comb, Vigorol from the age of 12-16. Then the relaxer at the age 16. I'm excited to see what my hair is going to look like after this transition process is over.

I'm starting to notice that the middle to back of my hair seems to have a softer texture than the front of my hair at this stage. I guess that will change. It has been becoming a little difficulty lately to work with both textures, but I'm working with it because I really can't see myself doing the "BC." I enjoy using normal grocery store products like, pure, unrefined Coconut Oil, EVOO, Jamaican black castor oil (extra dark), mayonnaise, eggs, honey, good 'ol h2o, Shea butter conditioners and moisturizers and Aloe Vera juice. It's all working for me right now...

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Babujai
by Group Owner on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Welcome!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jaysmom2002
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Welcome to the group. You can find a lot of great hair styles on YouTube one that I notice is popular for the transition stage is perm rods.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quite1331
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group. This group is really helpful and the ladies r nice ! Browse around. Esp on the transitioning tab
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadenn766
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:05 PM

i'm getting there..love braids, so that way no chemicals are needed:)

Myboysmom08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Welcome ... let the journey begin!!!!!

Brehi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, welcome to the group.I remember how exciting it was when I was transitioning.Enjoy it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)