Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:37 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 474 Total Views
I may have actually reviewed this product before but I can't find it.

I love this product. I've been using it almost exclusively for a few months. I usually get it at Walgreens, but it's also available at Target and Sally Beauty Supply. It's usually $10 to $12.

Per the company's website (when it was up) I use it on naked (freshly washed/conditioned) hair. I believe they recommend that it can be cocktailed with other Shea Moisture products, but I've never tried that.

I add it to very wet clean hair in sections for my wash 'n go, shake it out and let it air dry. My curls are poppin' and I've got light hold without any crunch. My hair feels and looks moisturized. My wash 'n go lasts 3-4 days being lightly spritzed and covered at night and heavily sprayed and shaken out in the morning.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brehi
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I bought 2 of the Shea Moisture products at Target when they were onsale B1G1 half off. My hair doesn't like the products but they work great on dd's hair.

Myboysmom08
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I love it - I don't really do wash n' go's yet - I am about to try - just so chicken!!! lol!!!! However, I love this product for my twist - outs - may not use after I wash - but I do use it to maintain my twistout during the week.

.Peaches.
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I just brought this today, and plan on using it after I wash either tonight or tomorrow. I've heard great things about it, and my hair loves the conditioner, so I'm hoping this'll be just as good for it. I'll come back and post my results sometime during the weekend.
afrocolombia
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:36 AM

I would like to try but do not know you can put a photo of the product?

Mommabearbergh
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:42 AM
It looks great on dds hair and mine. I like it
Babujai
by Group Owner on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Quoting afrocolombia:

afrocolombia
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Thank you!   I'll get

Quoting Babujai:

Quoting afrocolombia:

.Peaches.
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

So, ok, I've used it. And I LOVE it. A little goes a long way, which is good for my wallet because it's not super cheap. It left my hair very soft and hydrated. It doesn't offer much hold (I used it on a twist out), but my style was light, fluffy, and just felt great. The smell is wonderful also, very light, just like the shampoo and conditioner. It has great slip as well, so I'm thinking it could possibly double as a leave-in.

I believe I will continue to use this product in the future. So far, I have been very happy with the Shea Moisture Curl and Shine line.

MotherOfBee
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I work at Walgreens so when we received this product, I had to try it. It's been about 1.5 years since I last used it. I stopped because it doesn't mix will with one of my MUST HAVE products.
MotherOfBee
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Silly me, I didn't put if I liked it. I liked the product line. My hair responded well to it and my hair was always soft.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)