Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Glad to find the 50 ish Mom Group

Posted by on May. 26, 2012 at 7:39 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 553 Total Views

Glad to be a new member of a group that's my age.

I have 3 children; the oldest daughter is married and blessed me with a wonderful grandson, my baby boy is 6'7" tall, and the youngest daughter is a sophomore in college.

We lost my mom a little over a year ago, but my Daddy is 99 years old.

I am an adjunct instructor at two colleges teaching business and general studies courses.  Looking forward to some good converstation here.

by on May. 26, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on May. 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I've been looking forward to any kind of conversation here since I joined.  This is a pretty dead group but hoepfully some of us can get it back up and running.  Welcome.  I am a single mom of an only child who just left the nest last December.  She is 26, lives  in Texas and is helping with the management of a motel for her father down there.  I am hoping to move from here in North Eastern Pennsylvania to Texas before the end of this year myself.  

gsprofval
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Like you, I'd like to see this group get going.

It's nice to see the kids grow up and move out, but it's also sad. My son and youngest daughter are still at home, but probably not for too much longer.  Will be nice to get their stuff out so I have more room! LOL

MammaZuzanna
by New Member on May. 27, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Good to meet you !! I am glad to meet some mom's that doesn't make me feel like an old bat ha ha.

gsprofval
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Ha Ha, that's exactly how I feel. I don't really feel that old.  My Dad is old, not me!

MammaZuzanna
by New Member on May. 27, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Yea to me my parents are the old ones I'm still young honey also marrying a man a bit younger helps us out too ha ha plus I have 4 soon to be 6 kids to keep me young forever so I am never going to be "old".

Quoting gsprofval:

Ha Ha, that's exactly how I feel. I don't really feel that old.  My Dad is old, not me!

CoeyG
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Quoting gsprofval:

Like you, I'd like to see this group get going.

It's nice to see the kids grow up and move out, but it's also sad. My son and youngest daughter are still at home, but probably not for too much longer.  Will be nice to get their stuff out so I have more room! LOL

Half of my daughter's stuff is still here!  She had the upstairs rooms and besides a bedroom she also had a "sitting room" because I had to move downstairs when I became ill.  I couldn't go up and down the staris all the time any longer.  So I have been slowly removing her things from upstairs and getting it all packed for when she gets her with her van which is going to be awhile since she is recovering from a broken hip and surgery.  

gsprofval
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Wow, hope your daughter heals ok. That doesn't sound fun at all.

CoeyG
by on May. 27, 2012 at 2:25 AM

It happened in February, she was getting something out of a storage room and stepped wrong and fell.  She felt okay, got up limped back to work and was on it for about a week before she really started having pain.  She went to her regular doctor but all he did was take xrays and said there was nothing that she probably sprained "something"  (yeah that's what he said), for her to go home, rest for a couple of days.  She did so, but was still hurting, while she was cleaning her bathroom she again stepped wrong only this time when she went down she heard a pop and a snap and she couldn't get back up.  Had to be taken to the ER by ambulance and the Ortho surgeon took over.  They did an MrI and a Ct Scan and found that the natural pin in her hip was too short, it happens sometimes when babies walk too early, (she was walking at 10 months) She had been to an Ortho when she was a toddler because her Pedi heard a clcik in her hip back then.  So anyway, they put a plate in her hip and the dufus Primary Physician ordered Physical therapy without consulting the Ortho and the PT was having her get up and walk on her own.  When she went back for her follow up with the Ortho she wasn't healing at all and he asked her what she was doing.  He blew a gasket when she told him she was doing agressive PT and he told her to fire her Primary as well as the PT and to only follow his orders.   He had her on almost total bed rest, she could only get up to go to the bathroom with the aid of a walker and she could sit in front of her doorway outside.   Poor thing has just been released for aqua therapy and that is going to take awhile.  

Robin53
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Hi there, my name is Robin. I just turned 59 so I guess that means I"m pushing 60.  I was a member years ago and somehow lost all my friends :(.  I live in Spring Hill, Florida so anyone around Florida...let me know ;)

Robin53
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Your dad is 99? G-d bless him. I lost both my parents. They were both in their late 80s.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)