Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reason Rally, March 24th, Washington

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 2:53 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 316 Total Views

http://www.reasonrally.org/

Welcome to the Reason Rally!

The Reason Rally is an event sponsored by many of the country’s largest and most influential secular organizations. It will be free to attend and will take place in Washington, D.C. on March 24th, 2012 from 10:00AM – 6:00PM at the National Mall. There will be music, comedy, speakers, and so much more. We hope you can join us!  Please poke around this site for more information, stay tuned for frequent updates, and let us know if you have any questions!  Speakers include:

Richard Dawkins

Author of The Selfish Gene, The Blind Watchmaker, The God Delusion, The Greatest Show on Earth, and more;  Founder of the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science.

Adam Savage

Co-host of Mythbusters.

Tim Minchin

Musician, composer, songwriter, actor, comedian and writer.

Jessica Ahlquist

High school activist and successful plaintiff in the case of Ahlquist v. City of Cranston (PDF).

Taslima Nasrin

Author of more than thirty books, including Lajja (“Shame”); Prolific activist for gender equality, free thought, and human rights.

Paul Provenza

Host and producer of The Green Room with Paul Provenza on Showtime and producer of the movie The Aristocrats (with Penn Jillette)

James Randi

Founder of the James Randi Educational Foundation; Creator of The One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge; Magician (known as “The Amazing Randi”).

Lawrence Krauss

A highly regarded international leader in cosmology and astrophysics and author, most recently of the New York Times bestseller A Universe From Nothing: Why There is Something Rather Than Nothing

Bad Religion

Legendary rock band fronted by singer/songwriter Greg Graffin.

The full list of speakers can be seen here.

Also, there will be a Camp Quest tent at the rally, so bring your kids! The tent will be geared toward children 5-15, with science experiments, craft projects, and games.

by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
romalove
by SakePrincess on Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:10 AM
If I can figure a way to go, I will be there. Washington DC is only 3 hrs or so from here. Work issues may prevent attendance. I will try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saya
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:50 AM
I so want to go! I can't though, I'm taking classes this semester! So bummed! However, I am going to Rock Beyond Belief. (i live near Fort Bragg) Dawkins will be there, and Roy Zimmerman. He's no Tim, but I'll enjoy seeing Dawkins.
FrogSalad
by Susie K-M on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I live too far away to attend! 

megamay
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM

last time I went to DC for a rally was the Rally to Restore Sanity from John Stewart and it was a DISASTER!

only half of the people who were meeting us there actually made it to the mall. We couldn't get close enough to see or hear anything, cell phone communication wasn't working - couldn't handle the load, it was just one big mess. we ended up hanging out in the museums and watching the street performers on the mall WAY down where it wasnt so crowded.

Doubt this will be that bad, but not sure Im ready to risk it. 

Saya
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
You know, I do have to analyze two speeches, and it has to be live..I wonder if I could get my ass up there, and say...but it's for class!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)