Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The God Who Wasn't There

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:04 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 310 Total Views

I am watching this documentary and thought I would post some train-of-thought commentary while I watched.

I felt somehow extremely annoyed at the synopsis of the life and story of Jesus near the beginning, but the analyzation of the spread of Christianty is fascinating.

Has anyone seen this? What did you think of the movie?

I'm only about 15 minutes in.

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:06 PM

I did not know that there was a group of Christians who believed Jesus was killed a century before.

Ashley4584
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM
I've seen it. I enjoyed it. The part about violence featured in The Passion befuddled my husband. He didn't understand the point that was being made. This film has a lot of trusted and valid points that I'm sad are so easily overlooked by most believers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I'm wondering who the target audience is. I'm guessing people who believe in God but with low religiosity? 

alwayskk
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:13 PM

LOL @ the points for Robin Hood.

alwayskk
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Quoting Ashley4584:

I've seen it. I enjoyed it. The part about violence featured in The Passion befuddled my husband. He didn't understand the point that was being made. This film has a lot of trusted and valid points that I'm sad are so easily overlooked by most believers

Ooh, I haven't seen The Passion.

alwayskk
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Maybe this is naive of me, but I grew up in the South, in a city nicknamed "City of Churches" where Christianity ruled, and we were taught about all of the greek gods and myths in elementary and junior high.

How is it that these people have never heard of them?

Ashley4584
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
If you have Netflix, its on Instant

Quoting alwayskk:

Quoting Ashley4584:

Ooh, I haven't seen The Passion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley4584
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:20 PM
I know, lol. That part was pretty entertaining.

Quoting alwayskk:

Maybe this is naive of me, but I grew up in the South, in a city nicknamed "City of Churches" where Christianity ruled, and we were taught about all of the greek gods and myths in elementary and junior high.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrogSalad
by Susie K-M on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Quoting alwayskk:

I grew up a little bit of everywhere (except the south/southwest) and I learned about greek/roman gods in literature class in jr. high.  I was fascinated by it all; maybe some people blocked it out or it wasn't a subject in school?

There's Zoloft, Welbutrin, there's Paxil that's proven, no side effects.  But the rest left unnamed 'cause they worked like a charm on me. (The Answer)

lordkanarven
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Yeah i thought it was good. What annoyed you about it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)