Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nova sure didnt work for me

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 2:17 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 557 Total Views
I had nova-sure done almost 2 yrs ago I ended up with a hysterectomy 1 month ago. I had mini periods every month after the nova-sure and it ended up getting worse to where  I was having  3 periods a month then I ended up having none stop periods. the lining of my uterus grew back. ?In the United States they have not approved to do nova sure more then 1 time I wish all of you great luck with nova-sure
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ashtam01
by Group Owner on Apr. 14, 2007 at 3:20 PM
Oh man, you poor thing!  Are you doing okay now???

That's what scared me the most about doing my surgery is there was hardly anything on the web about it & when there was it only said the same thing word for word as the other sites.

That's why I started this site, not to glorify the surgery, but to see if anyone else has had it done & if so what they have gone thru.  I've been one of the lucky ones & I have had tremendous results.  However, I was told before having it that it may not work as expected and that I may end up with the results you had.

I am so sorry you had to go thru that....  I wish there was another alternative for you!.. Hope you are better now!
mommietms2
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:02 PM
Thank you! I am much better now no more cramping or bleeding And my pain on my wounds a mild to nothing now..
justmeanddom
by Member on Apr. 20, 2007 at 3:29 PM
I am getting ready to have this procedure done and am scared to death. Any pain invovled.  Being single and going through this stuff scares me.
mommietms2
by New Member on May. 9, 2007 at 12:27 PM
I had major cramping after novasure I cramped for 6 weeks after but not everyone cramps that much   Good luck and If you have had it done already please let us Know  how your doing
Kathi
ashtam01
by Group Owner on May. 30, 2007 at 4:27 PM
I never had anything at all which really surprized me...

I hope your doing okay if you had it done.. For me, it was the best thing ever, but it does take up to a year to completely see results so don't give up!
kidsnurse
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 5:43 PM
Novasure didn't work for me either.  I joined Cafe moms looking for others who have had hysterectomys and how they did.  I am having a laproscopic hysterectomy on July 10th.  My doctor is leaving my cervix and ovaries.  My aunt had complications because her cervix was left in and ended up having a second surgery.  So, I am on the fence on what to do.  Any advice?
justmeanddom
by Member on Jun. 23, 2007 at 11:26 PM
I just Nova Sure done on Wednesday. I am feeling really good except for some cramping here and there. I guess I just have to wait and see the outcome. I know three other people personally that had it done and love the outcome. They did say it takes a year for the full results to kick in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)