Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Failed Procedure

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2008 at 11:42 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 1045 Total Views

Hey~anybody out there been told their Novasure or ablation was a failure? Why? What are you or have you done next?

by on Oct. 8, 2008 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ashtam01
by Group Owner on Oct. 8, 2008 at 5:21 PM

I did a search on this the other day and there  was a couple people but for most part it seems like it works for most.  In the cases it didnt' they required a hysterctomy but I've wondered if it was cause it should of happened anyway or if due to the procedure

mom2priceboys
by on Oct. 28, 2008 at 10:24 PM

I'm sure it is because it probably would have happened anyway. I'm so ready but my pocketbook (and calender) are not! Now starting 3rd cycle and so freaking out about the pain. I know it's coming!!!Todays diet consisted of probably truly 75 peanuts, 3 McDonalds chocolate chip cookies and a sweet tea.I am Angel/Devil,Salty/Sweet, LOL, LMAO, hehehehehe, snicker ,sigh(crazed laughter)  livin' la vida motrin Bi-polar babe...See told ya I'm ready lets get these ovaries outta here!!!

babey_longlake
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I guess that would be me, my doctor said this works for 75 to 80% of women then there is us that it may your issues worse.

I ended up after having it done in july of 08 having a total hysterectomy in Nov of 08.

mom2priceboys
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Quoting babey_longlake:

I guess that would be me, my doctor said this works for 75 to 80% of women then there is us that it may your issues worse.

I ended up after having it done in july of 08 having a total hysterectomy in Nov of 08.

isin't it nice being one of the few hahaha  How did they do your TAH? how are your hormones doing? I haven't had a period yet this month but feel so bloated. My Dr doesn't want to do a hyster because my BP went up too high during the 2nd ablation. I'm hoping I settle out with this last ablation Good Luck and truly, I'm jealous!!!.....Julie

KittySpellman
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 5:08 PM

I had it done with minimal effect -- tried it again after taking a drug that simulated menopause and thinned the endometrial lining (can't remember what it was but it was expensive!) and that was much  more effective!  Still get a period, but more like what  people would call "normal"!

CM_Junkie
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I know this is old but I am going through issues after my ablation. I am curious if you have the same issues I had. Extreme pain all the time especially after eating. Insane discharge that is still funky. Very thick lining. I had my ablation early jan.

Quoting babey_longlake:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)