Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you feel alone

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 4:59 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 112 Total Views
Source of Anger: LonelinessDay 72Loneliness is an expected response when going through a divorce, but you might be surprised to learn that loneliness can contribute to anger. You may be feeding your anger with thoughts that you are lonely because no one understands you or no one wants to be with you. You are angry because you are alone, and why should you have to be alone?Dr. Les Carter explains, "The longer you are disconnected from other people or the more you feel misunderstood, a powerful sense of anger can come in." Dr. Carter says to be careful to not allow any of your emotions, including loneliness and anger, to build up to such a high pitch that they become out of control and harmful.Be aware that your loneliness can lead to anger. When you are overwhelmed with loneliness, make it a habit to call or visit a friend or relative, and be honest with them about your feelings.Rob Eagar says, "When you're experiencing pain or deep rejection, it is okay to ask for help. It was a big thing for me to realize it's okay to tell my friends or my family: 'I am hurting right now. I need your help.' Don't try to be an island or live in a cave. Get out and get involved and let people know that you could really use their support and involvement right now."Turn to the Lord, who is always with you, and choose not to let your emotions build up to a breaking point."Be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:20 NLT).Lord, You are always with me. I want to feel Your arms around me. Fill the deepest part of my lonely soul. Amen.--------------------------------------------------------Suggested reading from the DivorceCare HelpCenterWhen Women Walk Alone: Finding Strength and Hope for This Time in Your LifeCindi McMenaminEvery woman feels alone at times and needs encouragement in her Christian walk. When Women Walk Alone offers women biblical wisdom and practical steps for dealing with loneliness, including how to ---- find support from other women who have been alone-- celebrate their uniqueness and grow through the lonely times-- gain strength for the challenges of parenting alone-- rely on the Lord and accept help from othersThrough the examples of biblical and contemporary women, Cindi McMenamin reveals that times of seclusion can be opportunities for personal and spiritual growth. Readers will also discover the restoration and strength Jesus found in His times of solitude.Go to the following link to order this or other resources from the DivorceCare HelpCenter:http://www.parable.com/churchinitiative/item.asp?sku=0736907432&rid=1448--------------------------------------------------------If you would like to recommend these daily emails to a friend, please go to http://www.divorcecare.org/dailyemails/tellafriend/--------------------------------------------------------For more information about DivorceCare, including how to sign up for these daily emails, please visit http://www.divorcecare.org--------------------------------------------------------All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION(reg). Copyright 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.Copyright 2003-2007 by The Church Initiative, Inc., All rights reserved. No part of this material may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without explicit permission in writing from Church Initiative.--------------------------------------------------------You subscribed to this daily email through www.divorcecare.org.  We value your privacy! We will never give, sell, rent, or otherwise share your email or personal information with any other organization -- EVER.To remove this email address from further mailings click the link
by on May. 4, 2007 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)