Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Pray for us

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:33 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 153 Total Views
Hi, I am a 28 year old mother of one beautiful 3 year old daughter.  My, now, ex-husband, was great, he was in the military, a paramedic, and about to go to the military's Physician Assistant program.  We were in love and he was perfect, he was polite, well-mannered, and knew the right things to say.  He listened to me, we talked for hours, he was kind, and gentle- or so I thought.  Until about 3 months after we were married, he became controlling and verbally, and emotionally abusive.  But of course he was in school, it was stressful, right? Unfortunately, we had only been married legally and I am Cathoic and wanted to be married in the Church, so one year after we were married we did it again in the Church, in front of all our family and friend.  I knew then, that it was a bad decision but I figured, hey we are already married, may as well get the wedding I wanted.  And of course all the way up to the wedding day was a nightmare with him.  I was so worried about getting pregnant because I did not want to bring a child into this abusive relationship.  Well, shortly after we were married in the Church, I found out I was pregnant, I cried- partly because I was happy but mostly because I had no idea what I was going to do.  He pretended at first to be happy but then his true evil emerged.  I use to call his evil side Damien.  I was in school at the time, trying to get my BSN- he only wanted that so I could make more money- and I was waitressing.  Once I had my daughter, everything really went downhill.  The verbal and emotional abuse had never stopped, he broke me down constantly.  It is funny how all of the things he pretended to love about me were the exact things he envied and wanted to destroy, and he did.  I had become a meek, shell of a person.  If I tried to stand up to him he would only yell louder and throw things or pin me against a wall and punch near my head. 
I truly believe my daughter was my saving grace.  I finally came out of my fog of denial and realized I was in an abusive relationship.  WHen she was born, he didn't even spend the night with us in the hospital, even though I had a c-section.  He painted the house or just disappeared.  I had finals two weeks after this colicky little bundle was born.  He would put ear plugs in at night and sleep in the closet so he couldn't hear her cry.  Then he VOLUNTEERED to go to Afghanistan "to get away from you and the baby" I thought great life will be easier and better, go, have fun.  Well, then I found out he was cheating and my old fire really came back and I sent him prelims for divorce in Afghanistan.  At which point he came home only after 4 months, still a mystery as to how.
Sorry, I make stories long, let me fast forward to present time, after giving him 2 more chances and much more abuse later, I had enough and did all of the divorce paperwork and we were supposed to go sign that morning.
    On October 26, 2006 he lept off of the couch he was laying on, as I passed him by, in the living room (while our then 21/2 year old daughter was playing) and grabbed me by the throat, proceeded   to throw me over a chair, never letting go of my throat, and place him full 185lb body over mine so I could not move.  He strangled me in front of our daughter until I started to black out.  All I could think was "I don't have a will, who is going to take care of Angelina".  Then, for some reason he let go, and I called 911 and he was arrested.  Here is the really sad part of the story.  The legal system has not only made a ridiculous plea with him because of his military status but has allowed him to harrass my daughter and I relentlessly.  His attorney, is politically connected with the Judge.  The Judge refused to allow the case to move to NY, where both my daughter and I have been living since the attack.  If you are in Georgia and Cherokee County BEWARE of Judge Mcklyea, she feels she has something to prove to the male community and is sacrificing the victims to do so.  I ave been dragged through court, found in contempt(not justified) and my daughter is forced to travel between Georiga and NY almost every week for the past 6 weeks so a sociopath may wage psychological warfare on a 3 year old.
This is why I am asking women and men to take a stand against child abuse and domestic violence on AUGUST 07, 2007 at 9:30 am at the Cherokee County COurthouse Room 2A, 90 North Street Canton Georgia 30114.
Please wear something purple and please help me save my daughter.  WHen this first happened she would physically shake if anyone mentioned the name Dave, now that visitation has restarted, her hair has started to fall out and she is not the same happy child she was, she is sad and withdrawn.
Please Please help me protect her.  All you have to do is show up and take a seat in the courtroom, this is NOT A PROTEST, just a show of SUPPORT for the victims.  If you are unable to be there, Please pray for us, that God gives the Judge insight and strength to make the right decision ad protect my daughter from a future of abuse and neglect.  Thank you
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)