Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

divorce and forgiveness

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:25 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 99 Total Views

Starting the process of divorce after 16 years of marriage. Can't live with a man that I don't trust and has never put me first in his life. Also shows no love or affection let alone paying any attention to me at all. Hoping we can still be friends for the kids sake. Concerned that I will not be forgivin by my kids. Wondering if God will punnish me since he hates divorce.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
michelle72
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:40 AM

As much as I know that God HATES divorce, I do feel that God does not want us to stay in abusive relationships. Abuse is not just limited to physical abuse. You deserve to have someone in your life who loves you unconditionally. Ask God for forgiveness and he will lead you through this. Always keep your focus on God and want He wants you to do.

God Bless!

DivaPrincessa
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 3:32 PM

Quoting michelle72:

As much as I know that God HATES divorce, I do feel that God does not want us to stay in abusive relationships. Abuse is not just limited to physical abuse. You deserve to have someone in your life who loves you unconditionally. Ask God for forgiveness and he will lead you through this. Always keep your focus on God and want He wants you to do.

God Bless!

I agree.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)