Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pinwheel Tart

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 160 Total Views

Pinwheel Tart

(from the Dessert Collection at emealsforyou.com)

pinwheel tart small

At first glance you have to say “wow, what a great looking dessert”. I like this tart because it is very easy and quick to make. You can make this as a summer dessert but I like it for those wintry nights as a surprise, thanks to the frozen food manager of my local grocery store.

Stealing a line from Michael Chiarello’s NapaStyle show, let me rant for 60 seconds. You go to the market and they have those great looking peaches. Your mouth starts to water and you just have to buy some, even at $1.99 per pound. You get home and Viola! mushy, tasteless nothings. Okay thanks, I feel better getting that out. The point here is I buy frozen peaches all the time. You pretty much get good quality and at least they are consistent. Before you send me the comments about fresh is always better; I buy the real thing if they look great. That’s right I buy one, go out to my car, eat it and if I now have juice on my shirt I go back and buy more.

So gather your fruit, whatever you like. Make the tart shell, what you thought I said this was quick and easy? I make my own tart shells; 30 seconds in the food processor, 30 minutes in the frig and then roll it out and bake it. So if you like, buy the tart shell already prepared. Bake the tart shell according to the recipe.

Tart Dough

tart-shell-small.jpg

Cut butter into 13 pieces, place in food processor, add sugar and process for 30 seconds. Add flour and egg yolk, process for 30 seconds. Add cream, process until dough form a ball. Remove, put in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.

Roll dough out and place in 10″ tart pan. Use a fork to poke holes in bottom to vent . Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes prior to baking.Bake in preheated 375 oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.

May be frozen at this point.

.Get this tart recipe and many more at emealsforyou.com

by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)