Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipe of the Week - Pecan Swirl Dinner Rolls

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:14 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 135 Total Views

(from the Breads Collection at emealsforyou.com)

Pecan Swirl Dinner Rolls

When it comes to dinner rolls; we are a house divided.  Half of us like hard, slightly salty rolls with our dinner; the other half prefer sweet rolls.  Since some of my in-laws were in town; and they are the sweet roll people along with one of our sons, I decided to make both.  I cheated a little by using those refrigerated crescent rolls from the market.  My goal was to duplicate, as closely as possible, the flat pecans rolls that we used to serve years ago.

I must have done all right as my mother-in-law was beaten by only one by our oldest son in an undeclared eating contest.  Try these for a special dinner or maybe for a quick breakfast.

Pecan Swirl Dinner Rolls

Recipe Summary
Complexity: Easy
Serves: 4
Category: Breads
Meal: other (General)
4 Tb sugar, granulated
1 Tb cinnamon. ground
1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
1 Tb butter, salted
0.33 cup pecans, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the sugar and the cinnamon. On a piece of parchment paper, sprinkle half the sugar mixture in an 8 inch by 12 inch rectangle. Unroll to rolls and place onto the sugar mixture. Melt the butter and brush onto the top of the rolls. Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture and the finely chopped pecans evenly on the top of the rolls. Gently press the sugar and pecans into the dough with a rolling pin. Roll the dough tightly into a log; roll from the shorter side. Cut the log into ½ inch pieces and place in the oven for 12 -14 minutes until lightly browned.

These great addition to any meal along with many others may be found at emealsforyou.com

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)