Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipe of the Week - Sweet Potato Gnocchi

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:24 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 169 Total Views

From the Starch/Pasta Collection at emealsforyou.com

Sweet Potato Gnocchi

Sweet Potato Gnocchi

Just about every ethnic group has some form of dumpling.  The dough based delights are offered up plain, stuffed or sauced in many of the best meals wherever home cooking comes into play.  I usually make a potato or cheese gnocchi but thought I would expand on the theme a little and try with sweet potatoes.  The added touch of sweetness compliments just about any meat dish.

Put a few fried sage leaves on top to move the needle even further.

Sweet Potato Gnocchi

Recipe Summary
Complexity: Easy
Serves: 4
Category: Starch / Pasta
Meal: other (General)
2 medium sweet potatoes
2.5 cups flour, all purpose, divided
2 tsp salt, kosher
1 large egg, lightly beaten

Bake and peel potatoes. Mashed them and stir in salt. Spread 1/4th of the flour on a flat work surface. Add potatoes. Make a well in center and pour in the beaten egg. Begin to mix in and add more flour as needed; this will be very sticky at first. Continue to add flour and kneed until a dough forms. cut into 4 pieces; roll each piece into a log the size of a quarter. Cut into 3/4 inch slices. Place remaining flour on a baking sheet. With a fork held upside down in one hand; roll each piece across the tines, pushing down with your thumb to form grooves. Drop each pieces onto the baking sheet. Shake the baking sheet to coat each gnocchi with flour. Drop the gnocchi into a large pot of rapidly boiling , salted water. Once they float allow to cook 3 -5 minutes more than remove to an ice bath. May be frozen at this point. Reheat in hot water.
Sauce with brown butter sauce. Shown here with fried sage leaves.

Come on over to emealsforyou.com to try the many other forms of dumplings.

by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
AnnaHill
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Looks great I love gnocchi and sweet potatoes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)