Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Me and my son both have PTSD

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:07 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 227 Total Views

Hi my name is Tasha! My son (who really isn't my son. My husband and I taken him in through DFCS. He is my nieces half brother. His mom is a drug addict.) and I both have PTSD. I am on Paxil and other than the medicine don't treat it any other way. I know that is bad. I am a very private person and I am trying to learn to open up. I guess its hard because I don't really know of anyone who will really understand me. I can tell you one of the reasons I have PTSD is because of 3 miscarriages I have had. They have hit me very hard. Emotionally and physically. I am hoping I will get comfortable enough to open up to you guys.

My son is 5 years old. I have known him since he was 8 months old. His mom and my brother were engaged. When he was 2 years old his mother just up and left while 3 months pregnant with my niece. We finally got to see her when she was 3 1/2 months old and has been with my brother permanently since she was 9 months. The mother however has a bad meth and cocaine addiction. She tested positive for meth and cocaine while 8 months pregnant which cause DFCS to get involved and he was removed from her care. She asked us to take him in because they have no one. We did and do not regret it. But the poor thing has been through so much during the time he was with his mother. He was abused both mentally and physically. He was tossed around from place to place never having a steady home. He witnessed horrific things. And was molested. He sees a psychologist every other Thursday and has came a long ways since he first came to live with us. 

It has been hard. But we are trying to get through it. 

by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)