Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to group

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 8:28 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 125 Total Views
Hey moms my name is Becky, Im 27 yrs old and the mother to 3yr old twin b/g both have special needs (one speech delay and other autism). Im married to my hubby mike now for 4 yrs, he is the love of my life and I dont know what id do without him.  I am also the survior of childhood molestation from 6 different plp through out my whole childhood, three of which were my own uncles.  I suffer from MDD and PTSD.  I never got help for myself growing up and now im paying for it.  I am now seeing a psycritrist who put me on prozac and wellbutrin.  Ive been taking them now for about 3 mnts and I feel like a new person...Before that I was always depressed, couldnt keep a job (Ive lost about every job Ive had due to my depression), and have really bad anxiety and anger issues.  I decided once my kids were born I had to get help for myself bc I didnt want my kids to see me that way.  There were times when I wanted to kill or hurt myself bc the pain was so bad.  I am now trying to collect disablity bc I feel that I am worse when I am working, I hope for myself and my family that I will be able to get this kinda help, has anyone else tried getting disablity or ssi for this sorta thing bf?  well thanks for listening and looking forward to making new friends momoftwns becky 

LOVING WIFE TO MIKE FOR THREE YEARS, AND SAHM TO MICHAEL AND  HANNAH.  WE SUPPORT OUR DS WHO HAS AUTISM AND WILL DO ANYTHING TO HELP HIM GET  THROUGH IT.  BOTH CHILDREN ARE THE LIGHT OF OUR LIVES AND WE DONT KNOW WHAT WE WOULD DO WITHOUT THEM!!!

by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
bubbasmama27
by Group Owner on Feb. 23, 2008 at 2:14 AM
becky. i dont know how the civilian system works, but i got disability from the VA and it was an extremely LOOONG process. I had to keep sending in the same paperwork over and over and i had to write about my "traumatic incident" more than once.. it was not fun. but the military is known for being terrible with paperwork, so your experience could be totally different. anyway, i  know what you mean about the depression and the anger. i am actually starting anger management next week, my counselor recommended it for me. I dont go off the deep end and start hitting stuff or anything, but i just get sooooo mad at the littlest things and i dont know why i get so mad, and i try not to, but it just happens. so hopefully this class will help me with that. ive been depressed lately too, but im dealing with that. anytime you wanna talk feel free to message me. it may take a while for me to get back to you because i am so busy lately, but i will get back to you asap!
<3 julie <3
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN