Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where is everyone?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:40 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 312 Total Views

I had hoped with 122 other members that this group would be filled with information/stories and support. I have been here only a couple days, but there doesn't seem to be too much happening today or for a while now.

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JessiesGirls
by Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Hey Vickey - don't give up on us yet.  :)  For me personally, I haven't been on here for a couple weeks as I've been sick, and "illness and PTSD" just don't mix well for me.  I check out just to be able to deal with both.  I disengage from everything else and dissociate more.  I'm sorry you haven't been receiving any replies.  I'll try to be on here more now, as I'm finally starting to feel better. 

I would imagine, too, that with the holidays quickly approaching, PTSD members may not be on here as much.  Speaking for me personally, I go a little nuts around the holidays.  My anxiety shoots through the roof, and coping is a lot harder with the crowds, the noise, the phone calls, the  organizing, the pressure.... it feels too much to handle at times, and getting on the computer often doesn't fit into that equation.  But I'll do my best to get on here more.

(((hugs)))

Vickey265
by on Dec. 20, 2008 at 7:34 AM

Well I certainly can relate to the anxiety and stress of the season! I don't have PTSD but live with two adoptive daughters who have this and I DO know all too well the difficulty they have during this time of year. Perhaps I'm in the wrong group?? Is this group only for adults with PTSD? I was hoping to gain some insight for my daughters who are 12 and 14 (soon to be 15.)

Quoting JessiesGirls:

Hey Vickey - don't give up on us yet.  :)  For me personally, I haven't been on here for a couple weeks as I've been sick, and "illness and PTSD" just don't mix well for me.  I check out just to be able to deal with both.  I disengage from everything else and dissociate more.  I'm sorry you haven't been receiving any replies.  I'll try to be on here more now, as I'm finally starting to feel better. 

I would imagine, too, that with the holidays quickly approaching, PTSD members may not be on here as much.  Speaking for me personally, I go a little nuts around the holidays.  My anxiety shoots through the roof, and coping is a lot harder with the crowds, the noise, the phone calls, the  organizing, the pressure.... it feels too much to handle at times, and getting on the computer often doesn't fit into that equation.  But I'll do my best to get on here more.

(((hugs)))

JessiesGirls
by Member on Dec. 21, 2008 at 3:36 PM

Hi Vickey - No, I certainly don't think you're in the wrong group.  At least from my perspective, I feel just as able to support you and your efforts to support your young, adopted daughters.  I responded to one of your other posts about your 12-year old daughter.  How are things going?

Kenre
by on Dec. 24, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Sorry I haven't been on for a while. I am pregnant, and if I'm not over the toilet, I've been sleeping. I just wanted to check my groups. So here I am. Don't worry. This is my second month. After the third month I should be back into CM again.

I'm a co-sleeping, baby carrying, cloth diapering, early potty training, vaccinating, circumcising, work at home, breastfeeding, no spanking, non-screaming, Kazdin Method using, sign language using, book loving, Pagan living Witch, pro-life, meat eating, Child Psychology class taker, head strong mommy of a baby boy (Sept 25, 07), a step-son (Jun 11, 04), due August 2009.
Join Me In These Groups: Pagan & Proud | Natural Nurturing | South of the Twin Cities MN Mom's | 2007 Babies | Baby Sign Language | Hard Ass Mommas | Minnesota Mama's | Old Fashioned & Anti Mainstream Moms | Step-Parenting | Moms Against Child Sexual Abuse | Caylee Anthony

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)