Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey mamas! Looking for a little bit of feeding advice/an intro about us!!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 128 Total Views
I'm new to the group, I was here back in 07/08ish when I had my red nose pit, since then my baby got sick and after trying to get him better, he passed.

Now, I have a pit/lab mix named Gracie Lou Freebusch, two years old(not sure if she is really mixed with a lab, it's just what they keep insisting the mom was, and the dad was a pit. She was abused, and I've had her since February and she does absolutely awesome with my son and our other 2 dogs. (Yes I named her after miss congeniality) lol

Sargent Pepper is a 5 yr old English bulldog. I thought he was our slober bomb dog but Colonel out ranks him on that!!! Lol. Big cuddlier and major snorer. Df had him when we met.

Colonel Jinx we got Friday the 13th(September). I saw him and knew he was mine! I have up my tattoo money, best decision, ever! His eyes got him out of trouble as a small puppy. And during his sleep a lot phaze(after we wore him out) he would squeeze between me and the back of the couch.(now he's a bit big and I'm pregnant so it's hard but manageable!) sweetest thing ever!!!

Now, the question... My pit mix and red nose I had before I had on Iams. They had to problem gaining weight and filling out. Colonel on the other hand, I've tried him on blue, Iams, and a different brand and I try to up his food, but I feel like he's still skinny. He had his shots and isn't sick.

What do you feed your pits? I want him to fill out, but I'm not sure what to give him since I've never had this problem.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ElevenEleven
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Mobile Photo

Colonel snuggled up behind me. (Excuse the dead look on my face, I just had gotten home from getting 19 vials of blood drawn.
ElevenEleven
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Mobile Photo

Gracie after I tired her out from throwing the ball outside with her.
ElevenEleven
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Mobile Photo

Sargent. Sorry for the side pic, he's a grumpy old man when it comes to pictures. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)