Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A walk in the park

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:49 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 184 Total Views

Hi my name is sara I am a 22 yr old military wife, a mom of a two year old and currently pregnant at 25 weeks due in may.

I am not new to Albuquerque New Mexico, I have lived here for about 6 years and know my way around very well.

Aswell I am not new to military life (military brat).

We only have one car, that my husband uses daily to get to work. I do not work so most days are spent at home, on nicer days my son and I walk to the park to play.

I have some family here, so other then being around my son and husband the rest of my time is spent around close family members whom with I attend mass once a week, every week...

I am a very creative open-minded person, I paint, draw, bake, sew...I TRY  just about anything once.

On top of all this, I am really shy and closed in. I push myself often to do things but find myself even more so running scared and hiding behind my husband and family.

what all of this boils down to is, I am trying to find something new I can do, finding good friends along the way would be nice. I need something to do that is close to home, and things that would not only involve myself but my son.

maybe someone in this group can help.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
fromdettoabq
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Hi!  I think we should get together with our kids!

My name is Rachel.  I am 29, and I have an 8 month old son, Avi (Ah-vee).  My husband and I are originally from the Detroit area, so we don't know a whole lot of people out here.  I am currently not working (and disabled), so my days are mostly spent in solitude with my son.  I would LOVE to get out of the house and talk to other moms.  Maybe you could teach me how to sew and I could teach you how to play guitar??

I am REALLY outgoing.  I think you would feel really comfortable around me because I find it very easy to talk to people.  I will have you talking in no time!  I am up for new things and I am very open-minded.

I live in the NE Heights and I have my own vehical.  My son Avi and I could always come to you...  AND, I can get you in to the zoo and botanical garden/aquarium for free with my yearly pass!

Give me a call.  248-990-1330  Please don't be shy!  I am really in need of some good friends.  I think we could help each other!

How can I get anything done around here with all this CUTENESS!

ShaynesMomy
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Hi My name is Jennifer and I am 22 with a 10 1/2 month old son.. I work mostly mornings and am off by 1100.. I live in the NE Hights (Eubank and Menaul)  I would have no problem coming to you if you need some adult ppl to talk to!! If you would like to get together PM me

mrsmarianm
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Hi my name is Maria.  I am 30 years old and married with 2 children. Ethan 9 and Elyse 5.  I live in the NE Heights and enjoy walking, going to the park with my kids, movies and going out to lunch/dinner.  Anytime any of you want to get together let me know.  480-1353. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)