Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gun Shy horse...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:23 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 1043 Total Views

Yesterday I was just about as stressed out as my horse was.  We live out in the country and it seemed that everyone around us decided yesterday was a great day to site in their guns or target practice for the upcoming deer season.  My horse is scared to death of the sound of guns going off, even if far off in the distance.  He was galloping through his pasture non stop, so I finally was able to coax him into the barn and lock him into his stall, where all he did was pace and dance from side to side, until he got totally sweaty.  I've never seen him like that before, even when my husband and son are target practicing, he was never ever that bad before.  It really surprised me to see him that way and I stayed in the barn with him and even put on the radio to help blur the noise some.  And when my husband or son is out usually our horse will get locked up in the stall until they are done, but he will stand at his window and watch them and be fine with it.  (maybe because he can actually see them?)

Any other horse owners out there with suggestions on how to keep him calm during times like these?

Twilight Fanatic
Grab a Funny Picture from pYzam.com

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
hightideatsea
by Member on Nov. 11, 2009 at 6:55 AM

bump.....anyone?

Twilight Fanatic
Grab a Funny Picture from pYzam.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)