• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ordered baby chicks. They come in the mail. YEP! The USPS! LOL

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:57 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

OK I'm trying this again! I tried to order these last year. But my timing was off, and the Cochen Bantam breeds are tough to get. So I put it off till this year. We're on 10acres. We are trying to become self sufficient. We're trying to get chickens and a garden going too.

Anyway...

So here below is the link to the chicks I ordered. They have a minimum order of 25. OMGosh I have 25chicks coming. I really only wanted like 5. But I figure they will likely not all make it or I can give others to neighbors. 

These chicks are my favorite! They are one third the size of a regular chicken. And as a baby chick they REALLY are the size of your thumb. SO TINY, and adorable! I'll post pics when they come in a couple months from now.

The link...

http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/category/cochin_bantams.html 

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bluej80
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 1:37 PM

that is awesome thanks for the link we want to have chickens of course I dont know if it will be this year.  lol chicks in the mail wonder what they'll say when you pick them up???

toddler boyboy on a swing

Teresa16135410
by Group Owner on Jan. 31, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Isn't that just so funny, chicks in the mail! It cracks me up! I've thought about when the box is passing through the hands of USPS employees and the box peeps. hehehe funny

Quoting bluej80:

that is awesome thanks for the link we want to have chickens of course I dont know if it will be this year.  lol chicks in the mail wonder what they'll say when you pick them up???

Cenedra64
by on Feb. 8, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Oh that UPS driver is going to have fun with all that peeping going on in his truck LOL   Baby chicks are so cute :)

Teresa16135410
by Group Owner on Feb. 9, 2009 at 10:55 AM

I know isn't the tought just funny! Makes me laugh.

But it's not the UPS, it's the regular USPS, (United States Postal Service) But they'll still be traveling in someones truck peeping. The company shipping them isn't here in my state.

Quoting Cenedra64:

Oh that UPS driver is going to have fun with all that peeping going on in his truck LOL   Baby chicks are so cute :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)