Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby sitter for the ball?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:34 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 352 Total Views

My hubbys ball is nov. 11th, and we still need someone to watch our 18 month old son.. does anyone do child care or intrested in watching Connor till about midnight? I dont plan on being at the ball late bc we have a ten hour drive home the nest day.. so please let me know so we could maybe meet up and talk! message me on here or you can email me at:

jncoey@yahoo.com

or call/text me (614)745-4198..

Thanks Ladies!!

Jaclyn.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SusieQ5782
by Member on Oct. 13, 2009 at 9:17 AM

I'm having the same problem!  I really want to go because I've only been to one since he's been in!  one year he was at OCS, the next was my due date and last year we couldn't find anyone to watch the kids.  My son has a hard time with strangers so its really hard to find someone; and since we just moved here not long ago i'm not sure if we'll find anyone he'll stay with.  good luck with your search!!

pirate

lundaylove
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:19 PM

hey do you know if its mandatory for 1/10? if its not we arent going, as i will have just gotten back from FL and if we dont go ill watch your son. He could play with my little girls (they are almost 3) and my son who'll be 1 on thanksgiving.

MarineDream771
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 1:15 PM

yep the hubby HAVE to be there it sucks or we would go either!

marinemommy3
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 1:55 PM

I had a post on here a few weeks ago that I was going to doing baby sitting for the balls and in general. I still am if you need it. You can call me or text me 910-382-4664 or email jasidowns@yahoo.com

tomikosnook
by Member on Oct. 14, 2009 at 7:27 AM

I dont have a ball to go to this year probably cause we are in the CG here at Lejeune..;IDK...anyways just my two cents....If you HAVE to go to this ball seeing its manditory, dont you think that they should supply you babysitting free of charge cause they are making you go? I think that is NUTS!! Even though it's only manditory for the "Marines" to go, who the hell is gonna go without their spouse?

I LOVE TO singing I HAVE 2 teen boy'S....WE ARE IN THE

coast guard(COAST GUARD) AND ARE CURRENTLY expecting baby!!!  ANYTHING ELSE JUST ASK!

kris3025
by Member on Oct. 14, 2009 at 7:30 AM

I told you that I wouldnt mind doing it!!  Let me know...im on facebook more then i am on here so send me a message there!!

jdbaker22
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 9:09 AM

I agree.

Quoting tomikosnook:

I dont have a ball to go to this year probably cause we are in the CG here at Lejeune..;IDK...anyways just my two cents....If you HAVE to go to this ball seeing its manditory, dont you think that they should supply you babysitting free of charge cause they are making you go? I think that is NUTS!! Even though it's only manditory for the "Marines" to go, who the hell is gonna go without their spouse?

Marine Wife to my highschool sweetheart Kris (10-09-2004), mother to Christian(5) & Joshua(1). Pregnant with our third (due 3-17-10).

tomikosnook
by Member on Oct. 14, 2009 at 12:50 PM

I NORMALLY WOULD OFFER AS WELL TO WATCH YOUR MUNCHKIN, BUT IT'S MY SONS BIRTHDAY THAT DAY AND ARE HAVING A PARTY FOR HIM...I HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU! 

I LOVE TO singing I HAVE 2 teen boy'S....WE ARE IN THE

coast guard(COAST GUARD) AND ARE CURRENTLY expecting baby!!!  ANYTHING ELSE JUST ASK!

Daltonswife
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Our ball has free childcare, you just sign up for it when you buy your tickets.

breastfeeding,co-sleeping,baby wearing, Church going Christian momma

MommaSteph85
by Member on Oct. 14, 2009 at 3:32 PM

I am glad that they finally said that my husband doesn't have to go since my due date is right there. But when they discussed the childcare for the ball it was going to be 20 per kid. If we were to go that would have been 80 all together for our kiddos. That is crazy!

I am a breastfeeding/formula feeding, circumcising, non- flu vaxing, spanking when needed, baby wearing, Marine wife, proud momma of 4 boys and soon to be 1 girl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)