Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurricane Earl

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:33 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 911 Total Views
Hello ladies, how many of yall is perparing for Hurricane Earl? What r yall doing to stay safe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
llove12
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:38 PM
The newscast said we won't get much more than heavy rain, supposedly on Thursday. I'm going to keep watching the news but not doing any kind of prep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smallsavonlady
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:53 PM
What news u watching. The weather channel has posted watches for us. I been watching all day. People have been buying stuff to prep. Its hitting us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BIACaliGirls
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I went grocery shopping today, just going to make sure my phone is fully charged and there is gas in my vehicles... I've heard the same thing, we're just supposed to get a lot of rain. People on the actual coast are supposed to get bad winds, but unless you live on the actual coast, it should just be real awful rain. Try not to watch the news too much unless its the local news. The national news is dramatizing it a lot... my parents called from CA in a panic... no one in town seems all that worried about it,.

lundaylove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:26 PM

while theres been talks on base about evacuating, i dont see the need. there is a lot of question about what will happen but if the pressure system to the west stays on course the hurricane should just miss us. We will get rain and winds and there may be some power outages but i wouldnt expect them or think itll be bad. i grew up in FL and have gone thru many a hurricane so im not worried.

Just to be on the safe side though, have water and non perishable food available, as well as cash, as ATMs will most likely not work, specially if power goes out. And flashlights/candles. and batteries too. Other than that, we're not doing anything different with our day to day lives. Its just gunna remind me of home a lil more =)

piwife
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:29 PM
Am getting ready just in case. I been thru a lot of hurricanes(fl). You never know if that hurricane doesn't make that turn, is a direct hit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemyjoes
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Been through tons of these as well, I'm from the Texas coast.  I'm just going to make sure we have batteries for our flashlights, and gas in the cars basically.  I'll probably pull some cash out too, that's a good idea.  I need to get a jug of some sort to fill with drinking water from the Brita pitcher too.  I haven't been paying any attention to the news but my family keeps calling to check on us. lol

llove12
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:47 PM
As of 2pm on the local news, nothing more than heavy rain and possible winds were hitting Jax. If things changed since then, I'm out of the loop. We just went to the store and I never keep my car on E so I guess we're covered though.

Quoting Smallsavonlady:

What news u watching. The weather channel has posted watches for us. I been watching all day. People have been buying stuff to prep. Its hitting us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lundaylove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:57 PM

alot has changed since 2pm you might wanna catch up.

Quoting llove12:

As of 2pm on the local news, nothing more than heavy rain and possible winds were hitting Jax. If things changed since then, I'm out of the loop. We just went to the store and I never keep my car on E so I guess we're covered though.

Quoting Smallsavonlady:

llove12
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:17 PM
I will tomorrow.

Quoting lundaylove:

alot has changed since 2pm you might wanna catch up.

Quoting llove12:

Quoting Smallsavonlady:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambk4ever
by Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 5:41 AM

as of right now we arent doing anything, becuase we really dont think its going to get bad or even hit us. When we lived in Beaufort we freaked out when hannah came through and everyone made such a huge deal about it and than alls we got was a tiny bit of rain from it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)