Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

jobs???

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:03 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 280 Total Views

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any jobs actually out there?/ lol I have been looking and cant seem to find anything in Jacksonville that pays anything. Any suggestions on where to look would be awesome!!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mauspond
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Convergy's down on Western Ext. seems to be always hiring.  I worked there about 6 years ago, and the pay was decent.  I personally hated my job, but I hear things have changed alot since then and they have some new contracts.  It used to be just customer service for AT&T, but there are other ones now. 

www.convergys.com

sunnyside06
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM
Hey, go to monster.com or usajobs.com.
nannangel79
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Someone posted on Lejeune yard sales that Circuit City is hiring temporary staff to help liquidate the store. It didn't say what positions they were filling..

Get Ready for Summer!!  www.smallwaist123.com

fiance4now
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 10:53 PM

I am still looking. I am getting really frustrated. I have been looking online at every website I can find and cannot seem to find anything. I am having a hard time because of the pay of the jobs in Jacksonville. I have even been looking in Wilmington. The job i found that is even close to what I am making now is a $10,000 pay cut! If anyone hears of anything, please let me know! Thanks so much for your help

NewMom2BabyOB
by on Feb. 2, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Coastal NC is definitely a lower paying area than others in the country but on the flip side - real estate and all that is a lot less expensive, too.  Wilmington definitely pays more than Jacksonville because it's a bigger city.  You might also look in New Bern or Morehead City.  If you already have a job then now might be the time to stick it out until the economy comes back.  That's what I'm doing.  What type of work are you looking for?  There's a few temp agencies in Wilmington that might have some temp work in the area.  Also look for jobs on base on the mccs website.  They pay a lot higher than jobs off base and they give preference to military spouses.

fiance4now
by on Feb. 2, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I had to leave my job in South Carolina to be with my hubby in NC. I wasnt that happy at the jpb I had but we grew very dependant on my income. I am in sales and have also been an office manager and consultant for other businesses. I go in and train employees on sodtware and how to run and efficient and organized office.  I also have my real estate license but right now with the economy, I dont think this is the time to go back to a commission only job. I really had not thought about looking in New Bern. Thanks for the suggestions! I really hadnt thought of some of those locations

grunt_wifey
by Member on Feb. 2, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Try looking in the papers...I was doing online alot too but youll get better luck looking through the local papers.  I did find a great job, I work front desk at a medical office and make almost 2-3 dollars more an hour than the average job here.  There are some out there just need to search

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)