Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I finally made it to Lejeune..now I need HELP!!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:32 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 200 Total Views

So we finally moved to Jacksonville and we are living in a hotel until we find a place to live...now this is where I need help..we havent been to housing yet seeing we moved here during a holiday weekend (stupid) and we cant get into the office until Monday...Now im sure we wont get into housing immediately, but we need to look for a home on the economy...if anyone has any numbers for realtors that would be AWESOME!! We are looking to rent, but may want to buy, but im not 100% on that one...any help ladies would be great!! look forward to finally meeting some of you...im getting a little lonely and im a VERY social person..plus my kids want to meet some kids to play with !!  They are 11 and 5 both boys, but like to play with girls too..lol...hope to hear from you all soon!!

Tomiko

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
travswifey
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Welcome to Lejeune, hope you had a safe trip!

When my hubs & I lived out in town we went through Choice reality on Gumbranch.

My son is 16, so I can't help you there, but I am sure there are play groups around Lejeune.

Good luck and Welcome again! What is your hubs MOS?

I want to be your favorite hello
              and your hardest goodbye.

Jennifer & Travis 8-2-8

tomikosnook
by Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:42 PM

lol...what is a MOS? My husband is in the Coast Guard..He will be stationed on Lejeune as an instructor for Coast Guard Tactical Coxswain School (teaching Marines how to drive small boats) He is in Courthouse Bay.

travswifey
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:44 PM

lol MOS=job and you just explained it! That is awesome and sounds like a great job!

I want to be your favorite hello
              and your hardest goodbye.

Jennifer & Travis 8-2-8

julie515
by Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 4:47 PM

The lady who sold us our house is named Alexis Muegge.  She works at Exit Homeplace Realty.  The number is 910-467-4322.  She was very helpful and we didn't get any surprises when we moved in.  Well, none of the surprises were from the house anyways, just how my husband packed some of the items.

I'm also fairly social.  I love to just hang out with friends and do things.  My son is only two and a half, but he adores most other kids.

Proud member of the Pickyeaters Club.  Join me at the new group Feeding the Picky.  http://www.cafemom.com/group/feedingthepicky  You should be able to just click on it.  If not, cut and paste.

marinewife52704
by Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:03 PM

i would stay away from ABA rental,we had a very bad experience with them and so did my brother. they over charged us when we moved out. and charged us for stuff we didn't even do. when you go the the housing office they should have a list of rentals that are month to month until you get base housing. WELCOME TO LEJEUNE AND I HOPE YOU FIND SOMETHING SOON.

this is me i'm a co-sleeping breast and bottle feeding CIO vaxing pro life gun owning christian momma.   

tomikosnook
by Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:54 PM

I think we may have found something that I LOVE!! It's in the Commons?? something like that!! Hopefully we will have a housewarming so I can meet some people..been lonely few days!! 

jazzyjae
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Well welcome! I hope you found what you were looking for. I'm Jasmine and I have 3 boys ages 9,4 and a 5 month old. I also have two stepdaughters ages  and 8. I live on base, and you are more than welcome to come over for a playdate.

jdbaker22
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I'm happy you finally made it! Welcome! :)

We live on base TT2 I recomend it! But while we were waiting for housing we lived @ Beacham's Apartments cheap rent and no lease.

tomikosnook
by Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 5:30 PM

That sounds awesome, my kids are about to lose it with not being able to play!! All of our stuff is still on the moving truck and we are stuck in this darn hotel till we find a place to live!!

Quoting jazzyjae:

Well welcome! I hope you found what you were looking for. I'm Jasmine and I have 3 boys ages 9,4 and a 5 month old. I also have two stepdaughters ages  and 8. I live on base, and you are more than welcome to come over for a playdate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)