Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Base Decal help

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:00 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

OK so my hubby is in training and we've yet to get base decals. He was told today that you have to take a Driving for Life test online first in order to get the decals. The course is 5 hours long! Did anyone else have to do this? Why? It seems like a major waste of time to me.

awesome young navy wife and mom to bouncing mom crazy kiddos under 3 years old who will rear face until the limits of their seats cuz I know its 5x safer to rear face longer!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sstar2108
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:46 AM

when we got ours my husband just went to the building that does all that sorry don't know the number. He brought my registration and insurance info and that is all he needed. He was able to do it for both of our cars on the same day. I don't know if that i something new or what, ut I haven't heard of it. I will ask my husband though

PaPiLLioN8326
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 3:23 AM

I have been here almost a month and I just got my decal today. I couldn't find the place. I just went in and took all my info in and they gave me my decal. But I thought I read somewhere that if you are under 25 or something you have to take a safe driving class? I could definatley be wrong about that though.

Just a heads up for ya(I wish I knew before I left home to go get the decal)... you  have to either have NC insurance or your other state insurance has to be equal to NC insurance requirements. I forgot to grab my new NC insurance card so I took in my Pennsylvania insurance card. In order for them to give me a decal I had to run back home and get my NC insurance card or my whole PA insurance policy papers so they could make sure they were up to NC standards.

Good luck with everything! Hope it all works out for you!

grunt_wifey
by Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Im 23 and I just went to the Air Station (where Im closer to) and brought my proof of insurance, license, and regestration and got a decal.  Have you been regestered for a decal before? If this is your first time getting a decal you may have to take a course.  Call the base info line and ask for the building where you get base decals the phone number for base info is 451-1113 (yes I do have it memorized haha) But they will be able to give you all of the info you need!

btribou2.gif picture by lilbrinny03

marinewife52704
by Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:02 AM

my hubby took the safety course when he was in Japan, so when we got to Lejeune he didnt have to take it. all he had to do was show his safety card, reg, insurance, and DL.  its best that you have NC insurance because NC has weird rules. that most other states dont have. good luck

this is me i'm a co-sleeping breast and bottle feeding CIO vaxing pro life gun owning christian momma.   

lundaylove
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Quoting marinewife52704:

my hubby took the safety course when he was in Japan, so when we got to Lejeune he didnt have to take it. all he had to do was show his safety card, reg, insurance, and DL.  its best that you have NC insurance because NC has weird rules. that most other states dont have. good luck

we have fl insurance, its full coverage cuz we still make payments on our truck so full was a requirement.. i dont know if that is the same or whatever with NC insurance.

awesome young navy wife and mom to bouncing mom crazy kiddos under 3 years old who will rear face until the limits of their seats cuz I know its 5x safer to rear face longer!

lundaylove
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Quoting PaPiLLioN8326:

I have been here almost a month and I just got my decal today. I couldn't find the place. I just went in and took all my info in and they gave me my decal. But I thought I read somewhere that if you are under 25 or something you have to take a safe driving class? I could definatley be wrong about that though.well that would make sense then since we are 23 and 21. lol

Just a heads up for ya(I wish I knew before I left home to go get the decal)... you  have to either have NC insurance or your other state insurance has to be equal to NC insurance requirements. I forgot to grab my new NC insurance card so I took in my Pennsylvania insurance card. In order for them to give me a decal I had to run back home and get my NC insurance card or my whole PA insurance policy papers so they could make sure they were up to NC standards.

we only have Fl insurance but its 100% full coverage. We had to have that cuz we make payments on our truck. how would i find out about the NC insurance requirements?

lundaylove
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:22 PM

yep one of us has to take the stupid class for this base. they said since we're under 26 we have to. I think thats bull. Just cuz we're young doesnt mean we're bad drivers. Gosh.. I hate this.

MCB MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
(ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED)

• Military or Civilian DoD ID card
• Drivers License
• Vehicle Registration
• Proof of insurance (NC minimum)
• State safety inspection sticker on windshield
• Driver's Improvement Course card (all Military under 26 years old)

PaPiLLioN8326
by on Aug. 14, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Quoting lundaylove:

Quoting PaPiLLioN8326:

I have been here almost a month and I just got my decal today. I couldn't find the place. I just went in and took all my info in and they gave me my decal. But I thought I read somewhere that if you are under 25 or something you have to take a safe driving class? I could definatley be wrong about that though.well that would make sense then since we are 23 and 21. lol

we only have Fl insurance but its 100% full coverage. We had to have that cuz we make payments on our truck. how would i find out about the NC insurance requirements?

I have USAA and I just called them when I got down here to change over to NC insurance. So they did everything for me. All I had to do was print out my new insurance card.

I am not sure what the exact requirements are but here is a link to the state DMV website.

http://www.ncdot.org/DMV/vehicle_services/registrationtitling/insuranceRequirements.html

Hope that helps a little bit!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)